Used to New 2009 WRX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Used to New 2009 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good Afternoon Guys and Girls, Heres the deal, try to follow: I am not new around here, yet I no ...

Used to New 2009 WRX

Good Afternoon Guys and Girls,
    Heres the deal, try to follow: I am not new around here, yet I no longer own a Subaru. About a year ago I sold my 2004 Subaru WRX with 38,000 miles on it with an 18g setup putting down 311 WHP. The reason I sold it was at the time I had a Sales Job and the company had given me a Company 2008 F150 truck to drive as my daily driver. So the WRX sat in a heated storage facility under a cover and got driven maybe twice a month on amazing sunny days. So I decided to sell the Subaru and pay off my college loans, making me debt free. Was a smart financial choice. Anyways I have since taken a new job, higher salary + living in a new area = I bought a new house. With my new job i negotiated they give me a company car for 4 months, to help with my transition. They pay for gas, the car, and the car insurance … only downside I now drive a 2005 Ford Tarus Station Wagon! I am a long way from the AWD Turbo Monster. Soon those 4 months will be up and I will be looking for a new car to purchase.
    Well I have been searching for Dealer Certified 2006+ Subaru WRX’s right around 22,000 give or take a few bucks. Early this week I was dead set and in love with a 2007 Subaru WRX with 24,000 miles on it for $22,988. Well I had them put together some numbers for me and with me putting $5,0000 down, they gave me a price of $415.00/month for 60 months. I was so freaking confused as to how and why my payments where so freaking high, as I was looking to get as close to $300.00 a month as possible. Well low and behold the interest rate they gave me was 9.9% !!! <-OMG
    I was outraged so I called my bank to see what kind of used car loans I could get, and they could give me 8.0% for 72 months, which came to about $346.00 payments a month. Well I have known this lady at the bank for a while and she explained to me why the dealership gave me a 9.9% interest rate. Apparently since the downfalls of most major car makers, the major banks have pulled out of offering financing for the dealerships. So the dealerships are left with using smaller financial firms whose interest rates are through the roof due to their smaller client base.
    Anyways! After looking at a $415.00 car payment for a 2007 Used Car, then looking at $346.00 still for a 2007 Used Car, I thought what about new …. I spoke with a salesmen and sales manager at a local Subaru Dealership and I am very excited to say, I am 99% positive I will be purchasing a 2009 Subaru WRX Premium Model for around 28,000 give or take. Which is nuts because the car cost more then the used ones I was looking at, yes I know. But the interest rate is 2.7% financing for 72 months which actually leads to payments of $318.00. Which is less then the 2007 Used WRXs I was looking at!! So I made an appointment and tonight I am going in to look at a Satin Pearl White 5 Door Hatch Back. If I love it which I already do from drooling over building my own online 10 times last night, I will be sitting down with the salesmen and building one tonight!

Thanks for Reading, I will keep you up to date.

**Not sure if anyone else had an issue but it took me 5 tries to post this, it kept timing out, not sure if it was just me or what.**

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good luck with the car. I just got my five door DGM last week and love it. The car is smooth and fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by subyman300 View Post
    Good luck with the car. I just got my five door DGM last week and love it. The car is smooth and fun to drive.
    DGM = What?

Yeah i was actually pleased when looking over the specs of the 2009, having 265 HP is much more appealing then 225 HP Stock. It's kind of nice to see the WRX at 265 and the STI not too too far away at 305. Yet, what I did see was, when you look at the Cobb Stage 2 Maps, that the gain per map is not as large as older models.

Example:
    2004 Stage 1 @ 93Oct = +15% HP Increase
    2004 Stage 2 @ 93Oct = +26% HP Increase

2009 Stage 1 @93Oct = +16% HP Increase
    2009 Stage 2 @93Oct = +19% Hp Increase

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    dgm = dark grey metallic.

& good thing you passed on that 07.. price is WAY too high. you could've bought it brand new last year for practically the same $$

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    dgm = dark grey metallic.

& good thing you passed on that 07.. price is WAY too high. you could've bought it brand new last year for practically the same $$
    Yeah I Know AHH!!

To be honest I thought the HatchBacks looked really bad when they came out. Looked like an AWD, Turbo, Grocery Getter. Yet, after looking at one myself to buy i am really digging it.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Absolutely.

I told myself that I would never buy a new car because of the depreciation. Then back in 2005 not only did I buy a new car, but we bought one for my wife too. The used models held their resale very well, and the financing deals on new were simply much better. You're making a good move, just try to pay the thing down faster than 6 years. Ask me how I know.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Absolutely.

I told myself that I would never buy a new car because of the depreciation. Then back in 2005 not only did I buy a new car, but we bought one for my wife too. The used models held their resale very well, and the financing deals on new were simply much better. You're making a good move, just try to pay the thing down faster than 6 years. Ask me how I know.
    How do you know? lol

Good luck. I love buying new cars. The only reason I sprung for the 2008 over the 2009 is I got it for ~20k. Sometimes I wish I would've gotten a used STI, but that's a different story.

Is there a place I can see where the 2009 Differs from other years in regards to performance parts? I ask because I know my 2004 came with a stock TD-04 was wondering what the 08s and 09s come with that they are making so much more power. Why?

2009 vx 2008 WRX

here's the main difference ....

The additional motivation comes courtesy of the WRX STI turbocharger (with a slightly different trim). A larger-diameter exhaust and more efficient catalytic converters reduce exhaust backpressure by 30 percent relative to the 2008 WRX. Peak boost is up to 13.3 psi from the '08 model's 11.4 psi. The ECU is reprogrammed to accommodate these changes.

Spring rates are up 43 percent in front and 42 percent in the rear, while roll stiffness increases 22 and 29 percent front and rear. Additional roll stiffness comes from larger antiroll bars the front bar diameter increases from 20mm to 21mm and the rear bar diameter increases from 15mm to 16mm. New dampers and STI upper strut mounts are matched to the stiffer spring rates.

Wider 225/45R17 summer tires replace the 2008 WRX's 205/50R17 all-season rubber. Last year's 15:1 steering ratio remains the same but a damper valve was added to the 2009 WRX's steering to reduce kickback caused by the wider tires.

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX First Drive

Well I went and test drove a 2009 Subaru WRX Premium HatchBack today, was the Subaru Blue. I loved the car! Anyways I had this little old lady as my salesmen and we get out for the test drive and she goes " Don't be a pansy, give it some gas!" She shows me where to go and we hit these backroads in the country going 80+ was loving it.

Anyways we got back to the dealership, i told her that I want her to talk to her New Car Manager and see what he can do about a great monthly payment. Furthermore i told her i want the SPT Dual Exhaust and the Short Throw Shifter added to the car.

I then ended the chat with, your 1 of 3 car dealerships trying to get me a great car payment, so it's a competition. I am waiting to hear from all of them tomorrow.

09 engine problems

stay away from any 09s with a build date of 07/08 or 08/08. So far there have been 47 cars with engine failures reported on NASIOC.com for those build dates.

mine is a 08/08, so far no problems at 1200 miles. I followed the break in per the manual.

2009 WRX engine failure VIN/build date owner list - NASIOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike09 View Post
    stay away from any 09s with a build date of 07/08 or 08/08. So far there have been 47 cars with engine failures reported on NASIOC.com for those build dates.

mine is a 08/08, so far no problems at 1200 miles. I followed the break in per the manual.

2009 WRX engine failure VIN/build date owner list - NASIOC
    07/08 through 09/08.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

10-4

You are correct 07/08 though 09/08 so far

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike09 View Post
    You are correct 07/08 though 09/08 so far
    Worthless texan
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast