Used to New 2009 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Used to New 2009 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jpjester I am 99% positive I will be purchasing a 2009 Subaru WRX Premium Model for around ...

Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    I am 99% positive I will be purchasing a 2009 Subaru WRX Premium Model for around 28,000 give or take.**
    Got my 09 WRX premium sedan for well under 26k, came w/everything except a navi. Also no SPT goodies (which i regret) either but do ur homework and they'll come down. They always want the sale.

Good Luck
    Mine MFD in 08/08 5k miles so far no probs, followed breakin procedure alllmost all the time
    Who wants to have some FUN!
    ---Stink-Eye Mob #26---

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike09 View Post
    stay away from any 09s with a build date of 07/08 or 08/08. So far there have been 47 cars with engine failures reported on NASIOC.com for those build dates.

mine is a 08/08, so far no problems at 1200 miles. I followed the break in per the manual.

2009 WRX engine failure VIN/build date owner list - NASIOC
    I saw that, I will not be buying an 09 within the build period of 7/08 - 8/08 just to be safe lol. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by gunnywrx View Post
    Got my 09 WRX premium sedan for well under 26k, came w/everything except a navi. Also no SPT goodies (which i regret) either but do ur homework and they'll come down. They always want the sale.

Good Luck
    Mine MFD in 08/08 5k miles so far no probs, followed breakin procedure alllmost all the time
    Now from what I understand they made much less of the Hatchback then the Sedan, is that true? I ask because it seems the HatchBacks are hard to find, and very much in demand.

How much did you get yours for if you don't mind me asking?

Good Luck
    So far one Dealership called me and said:
    "We will give you the car under MSRP at $27728 with the SPT CatBack Exhaust and the Short Throw Shifter Installed for $415.00/month."

I played that up and told them I have recieved two other offers from two other dealerships for under $26,000 and under $400.00 a month. Letting them know if they would like my business they will need to give me a more competitive price.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike09 View Post
    here's the main difference ....

The additional motivation comes courtesy of the WRX STI turbocharger (with a slightly different trim). A larger-diameter exhaust and more efficient catalytic converters reduce exhaust backpressure by 30 percent relative to the 2008 WRX. Peak boost is up to 13.3 psi from the '08 model's 11.4 psi. The ECU is reprogrammed to accommodate these changes.

Spring rates are up 43 percent in front and 42 percent in the rear, while roll stiffness increases 22 and 29 percent front and rear. Additional roll stiffness comes from larger antiroll bars the front bar diameter increases from 20mm to 21mm and the rear bar diameter increases from 15mm to 16mm. New dampers and STI upper strut mounts are matched to the stiffer spring rates.

Wider 225/45R17 summer tires replace the 2008 WRX's 205/50R17 all-season rubber. Last year's 15:1 steering ratio remains the same but a damper valve was added to the 2009 WRX's steering to reduce kickback caused by the wider tires.

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX First Drive
    So the 2009 WRX and the 2009 STI have identical turbos, excpet for the trim?

What is the diameter of the stock exhaust? 2.5? or?

WOOT for 13.3 psi!!

For anyone following this :P

I just got another offer of $27079 (w/ the SPT Cat Back Exhaust and the Short Throw Shifter). I didn't get a quote on the monthly payments, thats whats very important to me.

Anyone know can you get the Dual exhaust SPT Cat Back exhaust ONLY with the Sedans or can you get it with the Hatch Backs too?

I see two different SPT Exhaust offered on Subaru's website. One for $899.99 - Dual Exhaust and one for $819.00 <- Single Exhaust.

Anyone know difference and all?

Im almost positive the dual is only for the 4dr, if that's what you're asking.

For anyone following this :P

I just got another offer of $27079 (w/ the SPT Cat Back Exhaust and the Short Throw Shifter). I didn't get a quote on the monthly payments, thats whats very important to me.

Anyone know can you get the Dual exhaust SPT Cat Back exhaust ONLY with the Sedans or can you get it with the Hatch Backs too?

I see two different SPT Exhaust offered on Subaru's website. One for $899.99 - Dual Exhaust and one for $819.00 <- Single Exhaust.

Anyone know difference and all?

i bought my 07 wrx limited new, in 07 for $25,000, 3.2% and 350 a month at glassman subaru. AND it was the last new 07 wrx in the state of michigan at the time that they could source out. just so happen to be in thier lot, 3 other dealerships i called all told me glassman had it haha.

i was looking at used stis and wrxs all the time. i almost resorted to a private seller but i decided later that i didnt want anything used.
    Last edited by Ditch64; 04-24-2009 at 02:45 PM.
    07 WRX CGM, blouch tdo6 18g and supporting mods. Defi racer series gauges, some other random stuff.
    04 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE CC Silver (Sold and missed)

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

WRX Prem 09

Got my WRX Prem for 26.2K with IPOD interface and sport grill (dealer install), no SPT yet. I'm getting the short throw shifter soon. Probable could have gone lower or added extras. They come with High Perf summer tires so if you're going to drive in snow or ice watch out! Good to get the 100K mile warranty and have them throw in the free scheduled maintanace plan for 2 or 3 years.. The dual exhaust is only for the sedans.

Ok here are the current offers so far for the 2009 Subaru WRX Premiem HatchBack ...thoughts?

Lancaster County Motors
    $27079.00 W/ SPT Catback Exhaust + Short Throw Shifter
    Tax + Tag = $28876 = $362.12/Month

Apple Subaru
    $28648.00 W/ SPT Catback Exhaust + Short Throw Shifter
    Not sure if thats with Tax and Tags Yet.
    = $380.00/Month

Fred Beans Subaru
    $27728.00 W/ SPT Catback Exhaust + Short Throw Shifter
    Not sure if thats with Tax and Tags Yet.
    = Unsure yet Monthhly Payments.

I like to get the out the door price and go to the lowest one then work out the monthly paymets. Getting your requested monthly payment leaves them an opening to just give you what you want and not always the best deal.
    ---Stink-Eye Mob #26---

I like to get the out the door price and go to the lowest one then work out the monthly paymets. Getting your requested monthly payment leaves them an opening to just give you what you want and not always the best deal.
    Do you think it's unreasonable for me to go to them asking for $350.00/Month?

Do you think it's unreasonable for me to go to them asking for $350.00/Month?
    Depends on how good ur credit score is? Also how long do you want the loan for...some places go up to 72months now.

Me there was no way i was getting near $350 a month b/c not much credit history to go off of.
    Play around with some financial calcs to see what %rates and length may = $350
    ---Stink-Eye Mob #26---

I Support ClubWRX
    Try and stay away from 72 month loans. My "Credit Counselor" at the bank advised that you are a higher liability with anything over a 60 month auto-loan in their eyes. I don't know exactly why??

Didn't FredBeans used to be (or maybe still is??) a sponsor here?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Try and stay away from 72 month loans. My "Credit Counselor" at the bank advised that you are a higher liability with anything over a 60 month auto-loan in their eyes. I don't know exactly why??

Didn't FredBeans used to be (or maybe still is??) a sponsor here?
    I believe the King of Parts @ Fred Beans Subaru use to be, but they went out of business due to financial issues. (King of Parts)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast