New to the import world - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

This is a discussion on New to the import world within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Blow Me Gradually... Well, as quick as I can without the wife noticing we're always broke. I ...

  1. #16
    Registered User jpjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Doylestown PA
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Blow Me View Post
    Gradually... Well, as quick as I can without the wife noticing we're always broke.
    I am going to recommend you start out with the Cobb Stage 1 Package. Which consist of the Up-Pipe and the AccessPort. That will give you some more horses with a sexy tune.

    Drive on that for somtime and when your ready go with the Stage 2 Package. Downpipe and Exhauast.

    Stage 1 will give you 260hp

    Stage 2 will give you 285

    These will help you get closer to your goal. Plus when you get past stage 2 all of the parts from stage 1 and stage 2 will be needed.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    I am going to recommend you start out with the Cobb Stage 1 Package. Which consist of the Up-Pipe and the AccessPort. That will give you some more horses with a sexy tune.

    Drive on that for somtime and when your ready go with the Stage 2 Package. Downpipe and Exhauast.

    Stage 1 will give you 260hp

    Stage 2 will give you 285

    These will help you get closer to your goal. Plus when you get past stage 2 all of the parts from stage 1 and stage 2 will be needed.
    On the newer models an UP isnt needed and isnt worth the hassle of the install unless you are replacing headers and/or the turbo. I wouldnt bother with the UP at this point.


    As for the paint..it sucks. Nothing can be done about it. Subaru wont worry about it and will not repaint it. Just be careful not to tailgate or get behind big trucks. That's about all you can do.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  4. #18
    Registered User jpjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Doylestown PA
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    On the newer models an UP isnt needed and isnt worth the hassle of the install unless you are replacing headers and/or the turbo. I wouldnt bother with the UP at this point.


    As for the paint..it sucks. Nothing can be done about it. Subaru wont worry about it and will not repaint it. Just be careful not to tailgate or get behind big trucks. That's about all you can do.
    I recommended the Up-Pipe to prep him for the future.

  5. #19
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,785
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    I recommended the Up-Pipe to prep him for the future.
    i know you made another thread about this- but i figured i'd answer over here again- just incase any other readers were interested:

    the only reason uppipes were recommended to be replaced in the past is because they still had a cat. converter & had the potential to grenade into the turbo.

    this isnt a problem with the 06+ wrx's, as the UP's are already catless.

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  6. #20
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,863
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blow Me
    I'm at Ft. Drum
    We have quite a few members from the local forum (see signature) stationed at Ft Drum - I'm sure you've probably talked to them or seen them driving around (the Watertown guys do quite a few meets, and I think there's one for the drive-in this upcoming weekend). Anyone put a spotted card on your windshield?

    Quote Originally Posted by jpjester
    I recommended the Up-Pipe to prep him for the future.
    The UP would not be a worthwhile investment unless he needed to replace it because of his headers (as 302 said), or is going with an EWG setup.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    md/ny
    Posts
    48
    I dont think I got a spotted card, but to be honest there's so much solicitation up here if it isn't a ticket I just toss it.

    I wish I had signed up here sooner. I'm moving to MD next tuesday.
    I have parked next to what looks just like the car on the front page of cnysubaru at the gym here on drum numerous times.

    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    We have quite a few members from the local forum (see signature) stationed at Ft Drum - I'm sure you've probably talked to them or seen them driving around (the Watertown guys do quite a few meets, and I think there's one for the drive-in this upcoming weekend). Anyone put a spotted card on your windshield?



    The UP would not be a worthwhile investment unless he needed to replace it because of his headers (as 302 said), or is going with an EWG setup.

  8. #22
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,863
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blow Me
    I dont think I got a spotted card, but to be honest there's so much solicitation up here if it isn't a ticket I just toss it.

    I wish I had signed up here sooner. I'm moving to MD next tuesday.
    I have parked next to what looks just like the car on the front page of cnysubaru at the gym here on drum numerous times.
    That's one of the other admins over there (he's a member on here too)

    Thanks for your service, and good luck in MD
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    md/ny
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    That's one of the other admins over there (he's a member on here too)

    Thanks for your service, and good luck in MD
    Hey thanks, man. I appreciate it

  10. #24
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,863
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blow Me View Post
    Hey thanks, man. I appreciate it
    This Friday is a drive-in meet though
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  11. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    md/ny
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    This Friday is a drive-in meet though
    Let me see if I can get the house clean before the weekend. PM me your number and I'll give you a call if I can make it out. Is there a thread with the details?

  12. #26
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,863
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blow Me View Post
    Let me see if I can get the house clean before the weekend. PM me your number and I'll give you a call if I can make it out. Is there a thread with the details?
    I'm not driving 3hrs each way to go to a drive-in

    You must be a member to view threads, so you'll have to join (you'll need to think of another username, though - "Blow Me" won't fly haha)

    Login

    In case you don't want to sign up, here's the details:

    Watchmen / Gran Torino are playing

    Meeting Rt11 Taco Bell @ 6PM

    Right now, 13 are signed up, so it's a good turnout. Weather should be nice (it's going to be ~75 here). Almost all of our Watertown people are military (or former military), so you'll have something you can talk about at least.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  13. #27
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,641
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blow Me View Post
    I just made the rough transition from domestic world to Suburu land when my wife had our son, and sold my Mustang, lightning, and motorcycle. It was tough, and I know NOTHING about imports.
    Anyway... I have a stock 2008 wrx. Where do I start modding? And how do I not void the warranty?
    Just a note... Even though we own "Imports" I definitely would say you're new to the "Tuner World"... we really don't associate, or care for most of the honda, toyota, etc. ricers that most would associate with the "Import World" thanks to Fast and Furious.


    WELCOME though!
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    md/ny
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Just a note... Even though we own "Imports" I definitely would say you're new to the "Tuner World"... we really don't associate, or care for most of the honda, toyota, etc. ricers that most would associate with the "Import World" thanks to Fast and Furious.


    WELCOME though!
    Hey thanks. I just meant generally speaking.


    BTW, arrogant bastard is gross.

  15. #29
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,641
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blow Me View Post
    BTW, arrogant bastard is gross.
    You're not Worthy

    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    md/ny
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    You're not Worthy
    I got a 6-pack of it a while back because it's all my friend drinks. It tasted like licking a wet dead log.

    I think it's the equivalent of watching a bad Tarentino(sp) movie. It's all about the name/look. I totally wanted to like it, too.



    But then again, I'm more of a stout drinker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •