new wrx help plz

This is a discussion on new wrx help plz within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey yall just got a 2003 wrx and has a few mods done to it u/p d/p hdr and catback ...

new wrx help plz

hey yall just got a 2003 wrx and has a few mods done to it u/p d/p hdr and catback just kinda curious on what would be the next step in some minor mods? and is there a differance in a top mount intercooler and a frontmount intercooler? what kind of power gain if any could i expect to see? thanx yall

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by navywrx View Post
    hey yall just got a 2003 wrx and has a few mods done to it u/p d/p hdr and catback just kinda curious on what would be the next step in some minor mods?
    get some sort of engine management/tune to see full power gains from the mods you already have

and is there a differance in a top mount intercooler and a frontmount intercooler?
    yes:
    FMIC FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    TMIC FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

what kind of power gain if any could i expect to see? thanx yall
    you wont see any gains from a FMIC unless you have a larger turbo to support it.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    you wont see any gains from a FMIC unless you have a larger turbo to support it.
    You can advance timing somewhat if you're dealing with less heatsoak. You won't see a gain for an intercooler by itself, because that's not what they do. But with tuning you will see a small one.

However, on a stock turbo, it would struggle to use a FMIC effectively. You'll see more negatives than positives from it.

a bigger top mount will help your car spool faster than a front mount i believe.. someone feel free to back me up or shut me down if im incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by AwkWarD View Post
    a bigger top mount will help your car spool faster than a front mount i believe.. someone feel free to back me up or shut me down if im incorrect
    It wont hurt.. but I you really wont see any performance gains.
    2006 AW STi

+1 for em

+1 for not using an fmic either. look for a used STi tmic that would be the only thing i would consider doing on a stock turbo.

look into some front/sways and some endlinks.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."