new wrx help plz
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new wrx help plz within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey yall just got a 2003 wrx and has a few mods done to it u/p d/p hdr and catback ...

new wrx help plz

hey yall just got a 2003 wrx and has a few mods done to it u/p d/p hdr and catback just kinda curious on what would be the next step in some minor mods? and is there a differance in a top mount intercooler and a frontmount intercooler? what kind of power gain if any could i expect to see? thanx yall

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by navywrx View Post
    hey yall just got a 2003 wrx and has a few mods done to it u/p d/p hdr and catback just kinda curious on what would be the next step in some minor mods?
    get some sort of engine management/tune to see full power gains from the mods you already have

and is there a differance in a top mount intercooler and a frontmount intercooler?
    yes:
    FMIC FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    TMIC FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

what kind of power gain if any could i expect to see? thanx yall
    you wont see any gains from a FMIC unless you have a larger turbo to support it.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    you wont see any gains from a FMIC unless you have a larger turbo to support it.
    You can advance timing somewhat if you're dealing with less heatsoak. You won't see a gain for an intercooler by itself, because that's not what they do. But with tuning you will see a small one.

However, on a stock turbo, it would struggle to use a FMIC effectively. You'll see more negatives than positives from it.

a bigger top mount will help your car spool faster than a front mount i believe.. someone feel free to back me up or shut me down if im incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by AwkWarD View Post
    a bigger top mount will help your car spool faster than a front mount i believe.. someone feel free to back me up or shut me down if im incorrect
    It wont hurt.. but I you really wont see any performance gains.
    2006 AW STi

+1 for em

+1 for not using an fmic either. look for a used STi tmic that would be the only thing i would consider doing on a stock turbo.

look into some front/sways and some endlinks.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.