Just checking in (Chi-Town)(looking to do some research)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just checking in (Chi-Town)(looking to do some research) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys...Pat here from the Chi town area. Looking for an '04-'07 WRX (possibly STI) for a DD. Currently have ...

Just checking in (Chi-Town)(looking to do some research)

Hey guys...Pat here from the Chi town area.

Looking for an '04-'07 WRX (possibly STI) for a DD.

Currently have an '04 tree fitty Z as my toy car but w/ Chicago weather I'd like something AWD for the cold months. Also have a '69 Mustang and an '05 Taurus (current DD). Looking to dish both those off to fund the WRX.

Not really looking to do any major mods except for some springs, Advan RS's and some decent tires...and maybe a tune.

If you're in the Chi-town area I'm got556 w/ ChicagoZ so hit me up and we can meet up.

Dunno if I can find a used WRX at a dealer to trade in both the other cars I mentioned so WRX DD will be put on hold til I can sell the stang and the taurus.

Here's my Z...b4 the wreck

Stance Coilovers
    AME Circlar Spec-R's
    Stillen front splitter
    Greddy Ti-C single exhaust
    Hotchkis sways
    Kinetix rear camber arms
    Wilwood 13" BBK (not shown)
    Titek CF intake duct
    And some other mods here and there

After the wreck I'm running I purchased some TE37's and wrapped in Dunlop Z1 Star Specs (tire's not mounted yet...currently worn out RT-615's). Thinking about rocking a Vortech on the stock block this summer as some of you probably know building up a motor and throwing on twins is not cheap w/ the VQ's. Still putting the car back together so no great shots of the car in it's current state.

Anyways...I look fwd to hanging out here and learning about the WRX platform leading up to my purchase. Not sure what color I wanna go w/ yet but I'm probably not gonna be too picky if I can get the right deal. It's gotta be a manual also.

Here's a pic or two of my Z.

(It was snowing when this pic was taken....Chicago Heights area)

And how she sits now....had to rebuild most of my passenger front suspension and driver side rear thanks to ice + curb but she's coming along. Just waiting on some new parts for my Stance CO to rebuild.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice. Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thanks! Flooding my brain w/ info on what to look out for, what's good...what's not...etc lol. I already know the mod bug is gonna bite me hard w/ having a WRX.

One thing that amazes me though are wheels selection. Normally on Z's for a flush fit we're looking for +12 to +22 offset....man WRX's are up in the 40's and 50's. Big change there and also wheel width. I can fit a 10.5" +12 in the front of my Z....not so much on the WRX.

I've got a lot of adjusting/learning to do lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.