New to the site and up-pipe question - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to the site and up-pipe question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by nO c3nTs I checked out that link and noticed it didn't list a price... or i might ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nO c3nTs View Post
    I checked out that link and noticed it didn't list a price... or i might be blind... but i would also assume that you would need to get a set of gaskets for this as well...

as far as wrapping pipes, i also heard that is bad due to that condensation can get in between the wrap and pipe and cause some long term damage, also keeps heat in the pipe....

so if anything, i would buy heat sheilds and try and stay away from wrapping
    RallySportDirect.com - APS WRX STi Uppipe Stainless Steel

Just have to google my friend

( don't google "my friend" it won't come up with anything interesting... )

Wrapping a downpipe is a bit tedious.. the best way to do it is ceramic coat a few layers... then wrap with exhaust wrap tightly with high heat steel ties... then coat it with RallySportDirect.com - DEI Design Engineering HT Silicone Coating

That silicone coating will help prevent moisture... it'll still get in there, but moisture is getting inside your heat shield as we speak.. it's not a sealed system... exhaust rusts. It's a fact of life. When I took my stock exhaust off at 15k miles.. it had rust on it.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for all the help!

I would say that is not so bad for price, giving that it includes heat sheilds..

as for rust, i know what u mean, i put my tbe on at about 45k on my car and my stock exhaust was not a pretty site... i do live in wisconsin tho where they salt the crap out of the roads up here.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for all the help!

I would say that is not so bad for price, giving that it includes heat sheilds..

as for rust, i know what u mean, i put my tbe on at about 45k on my car and my stock exhaust was not a pretty site... i do live in wisconsin tho where they salt the crap out of the roads up here.
    Is APS what your final decision is? That'd be mine..

I'm from denver my man... it was snowing today
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I dont know quite yet, i have a few days to think about it and not in a real hurry to get one.

it is pretty high up on my list for now.

but it snowed here just last saturday after i thought that stuff was done.... of course that had to salt the crap out of the roads again...

makes me sad when i see all that salt and crap on my car....

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont know quite yet, i have a few days to think about it and not in a real hurry to get one.

it is pretty high up on my list for now.

but it snowed here just last saturday after i thought that stuff was done.... of course that had to salt the crap out of the roads again...

makes me sad when i see all that salt and crap on my car....
    You know you live in colorado when...
    In the summer they replace the engine degreaser at carwashes with "Magnesium Chloride Remover"

I actually was so pissed about the grime the other day that I seriously washed my car in 30 degree weather... dumb idea, I froze my arse off!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

haha.

I just find it hard to wash my car on days like those knowing only it will get just as dirty the next day.....

I Support ClubWRX
    haha.

I just find it hard to wash my car on days like those knowing only it will get just as dirty the next day.....
    we had a 2 day lull in the weather.. it was worth the 2 bucks
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.