New to the site and WRX's =] - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to the site and WRX's =] within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Sinister Well, compared to your mustang our cars feel extremely weird, but in a good way... The ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Well, compared to your mustang our cars feel extremely weird, but in a good way... The AWD isn't just for off roading... It helps a ton in the twisties too! We're able to maintain a bit higher speed through a turn, and especially get on the throttle a lot earlier... A WRX's ass end doesn't come around like a RWD car's rear will... It's a different beast all together. It's very to go quick around corners, and it's very forgiving as well! We get off throttle oversteer... Our ass end will start to slide while your foot is off the gas, but as soon as we touch the gas the car miraculously pulls out of the oversteer like it didn't even happen! It's honestly a car you have to take on a canyon drive to believe how it handles! The 08 did have too soft of a suspension, and they fixed that with 09.. A bit. It's a more advanced suspension, but body roll is significant and the ride was improved. The wrx of 02-07 and STi's of all years handle incredibly well though!

My advice.. Test drive a few. You'll fall madly in love.
    that by far has to be the best explanation i have ever read. that was exactly what i wanted to hear and it came straight from the mouth of an actual owner. i'm almost hesitant right now to test drive them because i dont want to get back in my mustang and feel like **** lol. i love the way my car handles.....in a straight line =]. my baby in a straight line is gorgeous, but twisties are definitely FTL! if anybody lives in So Cal they should know the part of the 405 that connects to the 101. for those who don't, it's recommended speed through the twist is like 30. in my '94 Infiniti G20 i could take it at 65 no problem. Thats not necessarily fast but for a G20 thats flying lol. i took it going 60 tonight in the stang and had to hit the brakes cause the back end felt like it was about to get a mind of its own and through that entire time i was thinking damn a wrx/sti would ****ing kill through this little twist hahaha.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Personally I've never liked stangs, I wouldnt touch any ford built car with a 90 foot pole. The only ford production car I'd ever consider owning and would actually be happy with is the gt500. Other then that all mustangs are pretty much a joke. I remember when edmunds did a comparison on the 08 STi and the 07 gt500 and even then the STi whomped on the GT500 in almost every catagorey.

The new GT500's seem pretty hot tho imo, would love to own one, but gt mustangs I pretty much consider to be a joke.
    2006 AW STi

Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    Personally I've never liked stangs, I wouldnt touch any ford built car with a 90 foot pole. The only ford production car I'd ever consider owning and would actually be happy with is the gt500. Other then that all mustangs are pretty much a joke. I remember when edmunds did a comparison on the 08 STi and the 07 gt500 and even then the STi whomped on the GT500 in almost every catagorey.

The new GT500's seem pretty hot tho imo, would love to own one, but gt mustangs I pretty much consider to be a joke.
    if ur talking about the GT500 KR's then we're in business lol. theres a lot of great ford cars out there but ford gets a bad rap. i wouldnt recommend the newer stangs cause i just wouldnt. the older models like the '67 GT500 and the '65 GT350 are monsters. the fox bodies (88-93) aren't really beasty, but can be made into monsters for a small chunk of cash. those are the majority of mustangs you see at the tracks doing wheel stands and all that good stuff. The ford F-150 Lightning was a pretty nice ride. 5.4L Triton V8 with an Eaton M112 S/C. And the Raptor ford is coming out with is a badass truck. i know im on a subie site and all but i grew up with american muscle so i'm still trying to make the transition lol.

I'm not hating on american muscle, I love z06's, the zr1, the new gt500, vipers, and the list goes on and on and on. But I'd never buy any non gt-500 mustang
    2006 AW STi

i guess thats respectable lol. and dont even get me started on those zr1's! omg F-ING PHENOMENAL! lol. i actually found a used car place near me selling i think a 1997 viper with pretty damn low miles for 30k. thing was stunning and drove beautifully!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    The Mustang I want most is the 2000 SVT Cobra-R

The one year that ford REALLY did something right!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

not to knock you or anything but when my dad had a cobra i though it was great until i got the wrx then i realized that there is so much grip to be had. also i think the only ford that i consider is hennessey gt1000 twin turbo gt40, but besides that, nada
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by falkonsti View Post
    not to knock you or anything but when my dad had a cobra i though it was great until i got the wrx then i realized that there is so much grip to be had. also i think the only ford that i consider is hennessey gt1000 twin turbo gt40, but besides that, nada
    Your dad had a cobra.. not a Cobra R.

There were only 3 years of Cobra Rs produced... 93, 95, and 2000. The R designation obviously means "Race".

The 2000 cobra R was literally a track ready mustang.

In 2000 the only american muscle competition for the Cobra R was the Dodge Viper GTS... the Cobra R ate corvettes for breakfast lunch and dinner!

Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R - Engine, Price & Performance - Road Test Review - Motor Trend

If you read those specs close, you'll realize that in 2000 the mustang had specs of many high performance cars still do today... And that was 10 years ago.

I really enjoy cars that last... and I mean LAST. Look at the Mclaren F1... it's faster 0-100 than the Bugatti Veyron, and still is the fastest top speed for any naturally aspirated vehicle! The car began design in 1988, and was introduced in 1991!!! 18 years later it's still the pinnacle of street legal race cars!!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

i think you took my post the wrong way, im not knocking the corba r, just the regular cobra, haha, it might have been one of the best recent cars that ford has built.
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

yeah high speed corners is awesome!!! like i wont share too much for fear of people getting mad but when all your power is spread to all four tires it handles amazing. like he said rearend doesnt side out easy at all but eventually it will trust me every car has a breaking point. but if you keep rpm fairly high it handles like a monster.
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though

god im getting so pumped on getting a subie lol. not saying its gonna happen soon, although i sooooo wish it would, i'm trying to make ends meet on one. a wrx/sti is everything i could want in a freaking car and more!

Quote Originally Posted by ComiTheHomie View Post
    A STi is everything i could want in a freaking car and more!
    Fixed

Ofcourse, i'm a bit biased.
    2006 AW STi

Quote Originally Posted by Laffusillybare View Post
    Fixed

Ofcourse, i'm a bit biased.
    lol! thanks for the fix =]

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Your dad had a cobra.. not a Cobra R.

There were only 3 years of Cobra Rs produced... 93, 95, and 2000. The R designation obviously means "Race".

The 2000 cobra R was literally a track ready mustang.

In 2000 the only american muscle competition for the Cobra R was the Dodge Viper GTS... the Cobra R ate corvettes for breakfast lunch and dinner!

Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R - Engine, Price & Performance - Road Test Review - Motor Trend

If you read those specs close, you'll realize that in 2000 the mustang had specs of many high performance cars still do today... And that was 10 years ago.

I really enjoy cars that last... and I mean LAST. Look at the Mclaren F1... it's faster 0-100 than the Bugatti Veyron, and still is the fastest top speed for any naturally aspirated vehicle! The car began design in 1988, and was introduced in 1991!!! 18 years later it's still the pinnacle of street legal race cars!!
    Wow didn't realize the Cobra R was so potent!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.