Battle scarred forum veteran here...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

This is a discussion on Battle scarred forum veteran here... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Of course, I'm referring to another forum altogether. I'm a noob to Subaru's, but do plan on getting a WRX ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Lucas_061287's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    11

    Battle scarred forum veteran here...

    Of course, I'm referring to another forum altogether. I'm a noob to Subaru's, but do plan on getting a WRX Turbo within the next year or so. Just wanted to introduce myself and at least get a post in.

    Anyways, I've only driven one WRX so far ('05 turbo w/ 60,000miles for $13,500), and I loved it! I'm ready to start learning as much as I can about these cars, as they seem to have huge potential and aftermarket support.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    943
    Welcome and good luck in your search... I just picked my 09 wrx up about 2 and 1.2 weeks ago... Couldn't be happier.... its hard to go wrong with a subaru, at least from my experiences so far...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

    Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

  4. #3
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,641
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_061287 View Post
    Of course, I'm referring to another forum altogether. I'm a noob to Subaru's, but do plan on getting a WRX Turbo within the next year or so. Just wanted to introduce myself and at least get a post in.

    Anyways, I've only driven one WRX so far ('05 turbo w/ 60,000miles for $13,500), and I loved it! I'm ready to start learning as much as I can about these cars, as they seem to have huge potential and aftermarket support.
    Sounds like a pretty decent deal!

    Just to clarify, all WRX and STi model lines are turbocharged.

    Figure out what your goals are with your vehicle, because you may want to shy away from the WRX and save for the STi!
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  5. #4
    Registered User wrxloaf08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    Welcome and good luck in your search... I just picked my 09 wrx up about 2 and 1.2 weeks ago... Couldn't be happier.... its hard to go wrong with a subaru, at least from my experiences so far...
    Till your upset from losing to my 08.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

  6. #5
    Registered User Poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    943
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    Till your upset from losing to my 08.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    Ohh wow sorry i havent laughed that hard in years!!! thank you for that
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

    Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

  7. #6
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,641
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxloaf08 View Post
    Till your upset from losing to my 08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    Ohh wow sorry i havent laughed that hard in years!!! thank you for that


    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  8. #7
    Registered User Lucas_061287's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Sounds like a pretty decent deal!

    Just to clarify, all WRX and STi model lines are turbocharged.

    Figure out what your goals are with your vehicle, because you may want to shy away from the WRX and save for the STi!
    Oh okay, I suppose the 2.5 RS is just "Impreza RS", while the others are "Impreza WRX & STi" respectively? Well, I just learned something, lol.

    Anyways, my goal is to eventually have about 450awhp (reliable), widebody (but clean).

  9. #8
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,641
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_061287 View Post
    Oh okay, I suppose the 2.5 RS is just "Impreza RS", while the others are "Impreza WRX & STi" respectively? Well, I just learned something, lol.

    Anyways, my goal is to eventually have about 450awhp (reliable), widebody (but clean).
    Well, scrap the WRX idea.... the transmission will shatter under that power. You'll definitely need an STi

    In addition, that's one hell of a goal... do you intend to track this car? Drag race it? What's your end goal?

    a car with 300awhp is definitely fast enough for a daily driver... and anything over a gt30r turbo you'll need to look at paying a hefty sum for the supporting modifications (engine-wise)...

    What's your timeline?
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  10. #9
    Registered User Lucas_061287's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Well, scrap the WRX idea.... the transmission will shatter under that power. You'll definitely need an STi

    In addition, that's one hell of a goal... do you intend to track this car? Drag race it? What's your end goal?

    a car with 300awhp is definitely fast enough for a daily driver... and anything over a gt30r turbo you'll need to look at paying a hefty sum for the supporting modifications (engine-wise)...

    What's your timeline?
    I've heard that the only good trans is the STi trans, so that was either going to be a swap or I was going to find a decently priced, unmolested STi.

    Also, my end goal is pretty much to have a daily driver that I can take to the dragstrip and run low 12's/high 11's, then go run circles around Z06's at Willow Springs/Laguna Seca/Road Atlanta. I know that sounds like an outlandish goal, but I'm a big fan of overall balance and performance.

    EDIT: And my timeline is pretty much whenever I finish, lol! Obviously I wouldn't be able to make car payments, insurance, living costs, AND mods all at the same time. I'll probably take care of less expensive things (i.e. suspension, brakes, wheels/tires, exterior, maybe intake/exhaust/turbo porting/tuning to hold me over). Just gonna see what happens.
    Last edited by Lucas_061287; 03-28-2009 at 06:28 PM.

  11. #10
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,641
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_061287 View Post
    I've heard that the only good trans is the STi trans, so that was either going to be a swap or I was going to find a decently priced, unmolested STi.

    Also, my end goal is pretty much to have a daily driver that I can take to the dragstrip and run low 12's/high 11's, then go run circles around Z06's at Willow Springs/Laguna Seca/Road Atlanta. I know that sounds like an outlandish goal, but I'm a big fan of overall balance and performance.

    EDIT: And my timeline is pretty much whenever I finish, lol! Obviously I wouldn't be able to make car payments, insurance, living costs, AND mods all at the same time. I'll probably take care of less expensive things (i.e. suspension, brakes, wheels/tires, exterior, maybe intake/exhaust/turbo porting/tuning to hold me over). Just gonna see what happens.
    You definitely want an STi. The 2.5L engine, and transmission will better fit your wants.
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  12. #11
    Registered User wrx wagone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Phillytown, PA
    Posts
    10,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_061287 View Post
    a decently priced, unmolested STi.
    Easter Bunny.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

  13. #12
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    18,124
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    You definitely want an STi. The 2.5L engine, and transmission will better fit your wants.
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

  14. #13
    Registered User Lucas_061287's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Georgetown, TX
    Posts
    11
    Yeah, I've decided that an STi is definately my cup 'o tea, and they aren't too much more $$$ than a regular WRX (as far as I've seen thus far). I'm not sure if I'm gonna go with the '04-'05 model or the '06-'07. I like the '06-'07s styling, but we'll see what I come across when the time comes.

  15. #14
    Registered User CJ05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Juarez Mexico (aka El Paso TX)
    Posts
    1,178
    I thoroughly enjoyed my 05 STi in the short time i had it (bitter subject on why i had to sell). Loved the body style and everything about it. From what i have read on the forums though it seems that the 06 appears to be the "best" STi to get.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

  16. #15
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,047
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    Ohh wow sorry i havent laughed that hard in years!!! thank you for that
    You should probably take a glance at his mod list (in his profile) before you give these kinds of arrogant responses.

    To the original poster: Welcome aboard!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •