Newbie from Maryland with a question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie from Maryland with a question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey All, I don't own a WRX (yet)...but I'm thinkin' serious about it. Have a question...not meant to offend, so ...

Newbie from Maryland with a question

Hey All,

I don't own a WRX (yet)...but I'm thinkin' serious about it.

Have a question...not meant to offend, so please don't take it that way.

I currently drive an 03 Z06 (stock motor...a couple bolt-ons). Every time I pull up next to a WRX or pass one, you'd think I flipped em off or raced my engine by their reaction...neither is true. What's up with that? Does owning a WRX make one a member of the "Z06 Haters club"???

A couple weeks ago, a WRX driver actually got out of a left turn lane to follow me into my neighborhood. When I turned down my street, he turned around and headed back out of the neighborhood. A case of mistaken identity maybe???

I'm an "older guy" - late 40's and I just enjoy nice fast cars. I don't go around "pickin' fights" with drivers of other vehicles. Just wonderin' what's up with the reactions I get when around WRX's in my Z...

Regards,
    Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont think its a z06 haters club, I happen to love z06's.. AND WOULD LOVE TO OWN ONE ONE DAY!

Could just be the want to have the bragging rights of "i blew away a z06 bra, you should have seen it dawg shiiiite I blizzew his doors off" or whatever fast and furious dialog would predecess after a race on the street...

I would take it as a compliment rather then an insult.. People wanna race you cuz your fast and beating you would mean they are fast...

Although getting at you with a rolling start doesnt make much sense; WRX's have the tendency to make there time at the front of the race not on the back end...
    Last edited by Poohbear; 03-27-2009 at 09:34 AM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

I believe ClubWRX.net regulars generally lean more heavily towards "enthusiast" rather then "fanboi", relative to the broader import community. However, because the WRX is a less expensive car and with even more affordable used, it naturally attracts a younger driver. Younger drivers are statistacally more likely to display asshat behaviors behind the wheel.

btw, I <3 the Z06!
    Last edited by TheJ; 03-27-2009 at 04:59 PM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club.

I believe ClubWRX.net regulars generally lean more heavily towards "enthusiast" rather then "fanboi", relative to the broader import community. However, because the WRX is a less expensive car and with even more affordable used, it naturally attracts a younger driver. Younger drivers are statistacally more likely to display asshat behaviors behind the wheel.

btw, I <3 the Z06!
    I agree with J, It is most likely that you come across a lot of younger driverswho are only looking for trouble.
    While I must admit, I would like a run with a Vette, I would only do it on a track where nobody's life is in danger. Just to see where my car is at performance wise.
    I also have the utmost respect for the Vette owners out there, when it came to purchasing my car, it was either a WRX or a used vette.
    Keep roillin..you have my respect.
    Wicked Effects
    Blobeye Syndicate #108

Quote Originally Posted by scottwrx View Post
    Hey All,

I don't own a WRX (yet)...but I'm thinkin' serious about it.

Have a question...not meant to offend, so please don't take it that way.

I currently drive an 03 Z06 (stock motor...a couple bolt-ons). Every time I pull up next to a WRX or pass one, you'd think I flipped em off or raced my engine by their reaction...neither is true. What's up with that? Does owning a WRX make one a member of the "Z06 Haters club"???

A couple weeks ago, a WRX driver actually got out of a left turn lane to follow me into my neighborhood. When I turned down my street, he turned around and headed back out of the neighborhood. A case of mistaken identity maybe???

I'm an "older guy" - late 40's and I just enjoy nice fast cars. I don't go around "pickin' fights" with drivers of other vehicles. Just wonderin' what's up with the reactions I get when around WRX's in my Z...

Regards,
    Scott
    Are you joking? I live in maryland and I love z06's. Hell i'd trade my 06 sti for your z06 depending on the mileage. As for the people flipping you the bird, I cant really say why. It may be because a lot of WRX owners are young kids and feel threatened by your car. I know if you pulled up next to my STi, I'd just nod my head in recognition of the monster your driving.
    2006 AW STi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.