Newbie from Maryland with a question

This is a discussion on Newbie from Maryland with a question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey All, I don't own a WRX (yet)...but I'm thinkin' serious about it. Have a question...not meant to offend, so ...

Newbie from Maryland with a question

Hey All,

I don't own a WRX (yet)...but I'm thinkin' serious about it.

Have a question...not meant to offend, so please don't take it that way.

I currently drive an 03 Z06 (stock motor...a couple bolt-ons). Every time I pull up next to a WRX or pass one, you'd think I flipped em off or raced my engine by their reaction...neither is true. What's up with that? Does owning a WRX make one a member of the "Z06 Haters club"???

A couple weeks ago, a WRX driver actually got out of a left turn lane to follow me into my neighborhood. When I turned down my street, he turned around and headed back out of the neighborhood. A case of mistaken identity maybe???

I'm an "older guy" - late 40's and I just enjoy nice fast cars. I don't go around "pickin' fights" with drivers of other vehicles. Just wonderin' what's up with the reactions I get when around WRX's in my Z...

Regards,
    Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont think its a z06 haters club, I happen to love z06's.. AND WOULD LOVE TO OWN ONE ONE DAY!

Could just be the want to have the bragging rights of "i blew away a z06 bra, you should have seen it dawg shiiiite I blizzew his doors off" or whatever fast and furious dialog would predecess after a race on the street...

I would take it as a compliment rather then an insult.. People wanna race you cuz your fast and beating you would mean they are fast...

Although getting at you with a rolling start doesnt make much sense; WRX's have the tendency to make there time at the front of the race not on the back end...
    Last edited by Poohbear; 03-27-2009 at 08:34 AM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

I believe ClubWRX.net regulars generally lean more heavily towards "enthusiast" rather then "fanboi", relative to the broader import community. However, because the WRX is a less expensive car and with even more affordable used, it naturally attracts a younger driver. Younger drivers are statistacally more likely to display asshat behaviors behind the wheel.

btw, I <3 the Z06!
    Last edited by TheJ; 03-27-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club.

I believe ClubWRX.net regulars generally lean more heavily towards "enthusiast" rather then "fanboi", relative to the broader import community. However, because the WRX is a less expensive car and with even more affordable used, it naturally attracts a younger driver. Younger drivers are statistacally more likely to display asshat behaviors behind the wheel.

btw, I <3 the Z06!
    I agree with J, It is most likely that you come across a lot of younger driverswho are only looking for trouble.
    While I must admit, I would like a run with a Vette, I would only do it on a track where nobody's life is in danger. Just to see where my car is at performance wise.
    I also have the utmost respect for the Vette owners out there, when it came to purchasing my car, it was either a WRX or a used vette.
    Keep roillin..you have my respect.
    Wicked Effects
    Blobeye Syndicate #108

Quote Originally Posted by scottwrx View Post
    Hey All,

I don't own a WRX (yet)...but I'm thinkin' serious about it.

Have a question...not meant to offend, so please don't take it that way.

I currently drive an 03 Z06 (stock motor...a couple bolt-ons). Every time I pull up next to a WRX or pass one, you'd think I flipped em off or raced my engine by their reaction...neither is true. What's up with that? Does owning a WRX make one a member of the "Z06 Haters club"???

A couple weeks ago, a WRX driver actually got out of a left turn lane to follow me into my neighborhood. When I turned down my street, he turned around and headed back out of the neighborhood. A case of mistaken identity maybe???

I'm an "older guy" - late 40's and I just enjoy nice fast cars. I don't go around "pickin' fights" with drivers of other vehicles. Just wonderin' what's up with the reactions I get when around WRX's in my Z...

Regards,
    Scott
    Are you joking? I live in maryland and I love z06's. Hell i'd trade my 06 sti for your z06 depending on the mileage. As for the people flipping you the bird, I cant really say why. It may be because a lot of WRX owners are young kids and feel threatened by your car. I know if you pulled up next to my STi, I'd just nod my head in recognition of the monster your driving.
    2006 AW STi