Another new guy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another new guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Picked up 06 Silver WRX last month to replace my Commuter motorcycle that got binned. I was coaxed into this ...

Another new guy

Picked up 06 Silver WRX last month to replace my Commuter motorcycle that got binned. I was coaxed into this arrangement by my wife (those of you who are married will understand).

I've been doing some research on oil and depending on where you go, they say Mobil 1 is either the devil or good. I personally have been using Mobil 1 extended life in all my motorcycles and cars since it came out and see no reason to do otherwise. Input?

Also, I've noticed that some times the alarm chirps and some times it doesn't. I did a google and i see there is a way to either shut it off or turn it on but it seems rather ellaberate for me to be doing accidentally. Something I should look for?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My experience is they do the little honk noise the second time you hit the lock button on the FOB. My friend's Civic does that too.

here is how to turn the chirp on or off.

1)sit in the drivers seat.
    2) Hold down the unluck button of the power locks on your door. (the rear side of the button)
    3) while holding the unluck down on your door.. pull your ignition key out of the ignition and re-insert it at least 6 times in 10 seconds...
    4) open and close the drivers door once in 10 seconds. Your lights will flash 3 times to indicate the function has been changes.

Now subarus come with whats called a vehicle finder function... This happens when you (depending on different models) push the side of your lock button on the keyless remote or push the lock button on the keyless remote 3 times in 5 seconds.

What may have happened is someone in the past turned off the chirp function, and sometimes you may be inadvertently activating the vehicle finder function...

Some models the horn will honk for vehicle finding and others the chirp will sound (depending how hold the car is)

On mine the horn will honk for vehicle finding and the chirp will only sound when the doors are locked or unlocked...

I would try to activate/ deactivate the chirp function and see what happens...
    You could also try to do the vehicle finder function and see if thats what you have been hearing..

EDIT: As for your oil.. has synthetic been used in the car before or are you switching over now? The thing about switching to synthetic is that synthetic has the tendency to "find" leaks your standard oil did not... Do to a lower viscosity and additives the synthetic has.

Now that being said because your car is so young I seriously doubt you have any issues.. HOWEVER to be on the safe side I would run a synthetic blend for at least one oil change before making the full switch... I usually run mobil 1 in all my cars, but the dealer is giving me free oil changes for life.. SO im just going with whatever they give me; which will most likely be manufacturer recommended I would think

I hope this helps
    Last edited by Poohbear; 03-25-2009 at 10:09 AM.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    As for your oil.. has synthetic been used in the car before or are you switching over now? The thing about switching to synthetic is that synthetic has the tendency to "find" leaks your standard oil did not... Do to a lower viscosity and additives the synthetic has.

Now that being said because your car is so young I seriously doubt you have any issues.. HOWEVER to be on the safe side I would run a synthetic blend for at least one oil change before making the full switch... I usually run mobil 1 in all my cars, but the dealer is giving me free oil changes for life.. SO im just going with whatever they give me; which will most likely be manufacturer recommended I would think

I hope this helps
    When he says blend, DO NOT mix your own blend!
    WikiAnswers - Is it harmful to mix regular motor oil with synthetic
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.