New Member + Scooby Questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Member + Scooby Questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys i am looking at buying an 03 wrx either a wagon or sedan. What kind of problems am ...

New Member + Scooby Questions

Hey guys i am looking at buying an 03 wrx either a wagon or sedan. What kind of problems am i gonna be looking at? Also will i have to be shelling out a lot of money to buy one? As of right now i own an 02 Nissan Sentra Se-r Spec V and i am looking to get rid of it to get a Subaru. My names Geoff and i hope this forum experience will be a good one!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    price will vary depending on many factors.. i'd say anywhere between 9-12K.

check your local autotrader for prices in your area

as far as "problems"- a known problem with that year is a weak transmission but if the previous owner took care of the car and didnt beat the crap out of it- you dont have to worry about that at all.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

From my experience;

Overheating, but mainly due to the relay that goes and only 1 fan comes on, if you don't notice it you will blow a head gasket!

You have 2 heads in stead of one which means you have double the chances of blowing a head gasket... when it does you need to pull the motor out to fix.

Also some points to ponder...
    Interior isnt nice but you have a jap car now so you wont notice poor plastics...

You really need to make sure when you buy the previous owner didnt abuse/break it.

Subaru's are nice and quick to drive... which means they get driven like that...

Good luck!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.