considering a scooby

This is a discussion on considering a scooby within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I am considering on purchasing a used wrx (maybe a wagon) sometime in the future, so I joined the ...

considering a scooby

Hello, I am considering on purchasing a used wrx (maybe a wagon) sometime in the future, so I joined the forum. I am a big fan of the Honda Fit as well, and also a member of fitfreak.net. I currently own a 03 jetta 2.0 at, which would be great if it was the 1.8 turbo MT, but it's not, so it sucks.

I have been looking at the Fit for quite a while, bc its a four door hatch, mileage easily in the 30+, easy to mantain, and fun to drive.

But subaru has awd=awesome. and I believe that wrx's are turbo'd (turbo=teh sex) which would blow the fit's 117hp out of the water.

so I will be bumming around here, asking super n00b questions (like 'are all wrx's turbo'd'). BUT, I do know how to click the SEARCH button, read old posts, and how to google.

Basically, my big question is if I want to purchase a brand new econobox and get great mileage, lots of room, and great handling

or, the awd turbo and get some power and cool awdness.

I also want to do some modding, prob i/h/e, sound, some suspension, and shoes; all over time.

eventually, I want to own both, that's gonna take a while.

(nice site btw, very easy to navigate, I think fitfreak is v bullentin too.)
    Last edited by cab0053; 03-21-2009 at 05:44 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. I like the Hondas also. I believe the new Fit is improved over the older model but either is quite good. Compared to the Impreza wagons they are smaller on the inside (bad) but also on the outside (good) and they return better fuel economy. Hard choice, and if you are going to own both, hard to chose which to buy first. Enjoy the fora.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Welcome. The fit is a great car. Did you know it change lanes faster than a corvette? LOL. I'm not a person that like small econo cars but there is something about Honda fit's that grab my attention. Whenever I see one driving by I always find myself staring at it.

I think it will be an awsome commuter car if you do some suspension mods and put a nice intake to bring out the little beasts growl. I wonder if you can swap a K- series motor in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RexEnvy View Post
    Welcome. The fit is a great car. Did you know it change lanes faster than a corvette? LOL. I'm not a person that like small econo cars but there is something about Honda fit's that grab my attention. Whenever I see one driving by I always find myself staring at it.

I think it will be an awsome commuter car if you do some suspension mods and put a nice intake to bring out the little beasts growl. I wonder if you can swap a K- series motor in one of them.
    yup, i did know that fit is great at changing lanes!

tanabe springs and CAI (prm or t1r) is what i would do right off the bat with the fit.

the gd3 (first gen) can fit a k20a, but due to the weight and cutting the frame (i think) the handling is lost. I do not remember if the ge8 (2nd gen) has been tried out yet.

there is this used car lot near my work that has a white 3-door wrx that I am assuming is the 1st gen. I having really done any research yet, or really poked around the forums too much, but is 1st gen>2nd gen?

I think the WRX is going to bring a grin to your face.......... Its two different cars to compair but for what you get with honda and suby quality are pretty damn close....................... Before you do anything drive both new and used befor eyou make a descion.............

Holy crap I can't imagine a K20A in a Fit. That would be one fast little car.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Quote Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx View Post
    Before you do anything drive both new and used befor eyou make a descion.............
    some of the best advice i've ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by McGizzle View Post
    Holy crap I can't imagine a K20A in a Fit. That would be one fast little car.
    yeah, some companies (like kraftwerks and spoon) have some sick fits.

get the wrx
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps