need to find one

This is a discussion on need to find one within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK so to start right now i have 95 honda del sol. i absolutely love this car... but im really ...

need to find one

OK so to start right now i have 95 honda del sol. i absolutely love this car... but im really starting to want more power and the idea of AWD is starting to really catch my eye...

so the plans are dead set yet but i want to get some input on why i should switch over to a WRX. and dont worry... thats the only car i would consider replacing the del sol with, thats within my budget.

basically the plus side of the del sol right now is that it gets good gas millage, the top comes off easy for those warm sunny days, and it as a fun factor to it...

bad side is only 2 seats(when u want to drive more that one) and to get higher power will cost me a pretty penny.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you want a car payment then go ahead. i would hope that your car is paid for and you own it out right. not to flame on you but i really don't see the point in naming reason why the WRX is better then the del sol. IMO i would get a motor for the del sol i.e a b16b,b18c or the k20a and drop it in and call it a day.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

not exactly the response i was expecting... more of y you guys love your wrx's

Quote Originally Posted by hiemsnox View Post
    not exactly the response i was expecting... more of y you guys love your wrx's
    That's what we are about here on ClubWRX, informed posts

You should switch because AWD = traction at all times*. The car is easy to upgrade. Makes good power stock, makes better power a few $100, makes monster power for a few $1000.
    The ride is not too soft, not to harsh, and it's easy to change (with aftermarket parts).
    Like the Civic/Integra many parts are interchangeable... like Lego.

You shouldn't switch because the gas mileage is not as good as your Del Sol, and it drinks premium.

The best advice I could give you is find one on a used lot, and take it for a test drive.

*unless the pavement is covered in a sheet of ice.

that was a little better LOL, and as far as models go i was looking at maybe an 2002 in blue...
    and really i think one of the main reasons i want one is the AWD, more HP from the start, and it has 4 seats... i race roads bikes and i now have more than one friend that does it with me and we dont have a car to carry all the bikes and people

it wasn't to steer you away from it or to come of as an a-hole. its more or less we shouldn't have to convince you that you should buy one. if you want one then get one. i myself would stick with the del sol as of now unless i could pay for one in full and have no payments but thats just me.

of course the WRX is way better then the del sol. more room AWD more power sedan instead of a 2 seater.

p.s good choice on the year and color though
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

before I do this, these are just my opinions

WRX pros and cons

WRX PROs
    AWD
    4 door
    turbo power
    turbo sound
    boxer rumble
    interior is very nice
    wagon option
    comfy ride on stock suspension
    LOADS of aftermarket support
    Imprezas are like LEGOs (easy parts swap)
    Evo rivalry
    Rally pedigree
    cool JDM parts (if you like)

WRX CONs
    Fuel mileage
    4 door
    hard to find an AWD dyno sometimes
    engine can be inaccessible
    don't get to have a purdy valve cover (and see it)
    glass jaw 5mt transmission (sometimes)
    fuel smell in cabin (on 02 models when cold, but can be fixed)
    uncommon lug pattern (according to some)
    not the lightest of cars
    factory cup holder (gets your radio wet) = sucks

that's about all I can think of right now, hope that helps.
    Last edited by Tinywagon; 03-19-2009 at 03:31 PM.

well i still got plenty of time to think and i really cant make a decision until this summer when everything i own is payed off....road bikes are expensive!

but i just wanted to hear from everyone why they like their car. cause i dont want to blindly buy one w/o know the in and outs of the car...i have ridden in one b4 and i did like it and that's partly why i want one so much... plus i have a friend with a modded GTP and i want to give him a run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by hiemsnox View Post
    plus i have a friend with a modded GTP and i want to give him a run for his money.
    GTP's can be really fast in a strait line, but a 3500lbs car with a giant iron engine, sitting in front of the axels, doesn't bode well for handling