Murder out Was the Case .. Some Cali Love
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Murder out Was the Case .. Some Cali Love within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Tuners I just recently bought me a 02 Wrx , to tell u the truth this is my first ...

Wink Murder out Was the Case .. Some Cali Love

Hey Tuners

I just recently bought me a 02 Wrx , to tell u the truth this is my first stick car i have ever owned , fell inlove with her from day one , had my eyes on her when my friend owned it , but now since he moved up the food chain and got him self a skyline GTR34 , he decided to let go of this beauty and left her for me to Grab hehe

i really want to know what i can do to this baby , seriously i want the Psssssssshh with power , so if u guys can help me out on what to do and what to choose from wither its from a turbo set up to a bolt on the bumper in other words A-Z , i would really preciate every single help ..

i will leave u with pix and few of the mods that the car has ..

it has a Mbc and soon will be replaced by electronic boost controller ..

the surrounding enviroment have a STI turbo for sale along with a 550 injctors Which i already Bought :P along with some pulleys

other than that it has

intake
    exhaust
    turbo timer
    M.boost controller
    Bov
    intercooler
    Oil catchcan
    suspension..
    clutch stage 2

oooh I need wheels and tires .. any recommendations and what size can i go with width wise , and according to my knowldge i cant go staggered unless someone can prove me wrong ..

Ecuteck is on the way along with gauges as well .

Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    your icon is upsetting my OCD. lol it should be "nobody dies A virgin 'cause in the end, life ****S us all."

they left out those 2 letters on the original one. LOL

thats all i have to contribute

welcome to the club

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Since you have an Ecutek on the way things will tend to sort themselves, as you'll be able to manage the motor.

Can you see at night with those lamps? If not, look into a set of lamps from any bugeyed Subaru, be it an Impreza or Outback Sport.

Unless you have a specific need staggered wheels are IMO not worth the hassle. If you were to compete then wider wheels in the front would potentially help you with understeer but your modifications as they stand would put you in a class where the car would probably not be competitive -- I don't know if this matters to you; it would not matter to me much, I'd just go and run and try to keep it between the cones, but I'm just mentioning it. If you're not going to compete in autox I see no point in staggering the wheel setup; frankly I'd not bother anyway. Few do.

Since the car came with wheels I'd keep them, provided they are round and hold air. I use Goodyear Eagle GS-D3 because I prefer a softer sidewall. If you don't, go to TireRack, look up their list of ranked ultra-high or max-performance models, and see which ones you might interest you. If you keep your existing wheels you'll have more to spend on rubber and that's always more important.

On the top of each forum there are stickies. Those threads have almost all the info one might need starting off.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Consider running the VIN by a dealer and asking if all the recalls have been performed. Also figure out whether the timing belt is due (at 105,000 miles).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Welcome to the club!

Got any pictures of the engine bay?

I completely agree with everything that SD_GR said.

Welcome to the club!

Get rid of those Ebay headlights, and the tint on the tails. Otherwise good looking car.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Welcome.

Since you have an Ecutek on the way things will tend to sort themselves, as you'll be able to manage the motor.

Can you see at night with those lamps? If not, look into a set of lamps from any bugeyed Subaru, be it an Impreza or Outback Sport.

Unless you have a specific need staggered wheels are IMO not worth the hassle. If you were to compete then wider wheels in the front would potentially help you with understeer but your modifications as they stand would put you in a class where the car would probably not be competitive -- I don't know if this matters to you; it would not matter to me much, I'd just go and run and try to keep it between the cones, but I'm just mentioning it. If you're not going to compete in autox I see no point in staggering the wheel setup; frankly I'd not bother anyway. Few do.

Since the car came with wheels I'd keep them, provided they are round and hold air. I use Goodyear Eagle GS-D3 because I prefer a softer sidewall. If you don't, go to TireRack, look up their list of ranked ultra-high or max-performance models, and see which ones you might interest you. If you keep your existing wheels you'll have more to spend on rubber and that's always more important.

On the top of each forum there are stickies. Those threads have almost all the info one might need starting off.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Consider running the VIN by a dealer and asking if all the recalls have been performed. Also figure out whether the timing belt is due (at 105,000 miles).
    i just love the whole look off staggered , no Autox here for me , as for the timing belt and all other services , those will be carried by the end of the month as im very short on cash , the car is parked as we speak not a daily till i get the title transferd etc etc .. i will look into tires , but ive been also searching for something like 18's and it seems Rota wheels have some sweet designs and prices , complimented with high preformance tires as well , i believe 18x8.5 is what im looking for or i could be wrong .

the ecutek is a sweet deal , i wanted to do the haltech but that will cost an arm and a leg , being on a budget sure kills dreams but hey patience is a virtue ..

the headlights are some sort dull at night specially when i dont have fog lights , i might be getting rid of those as iam planning to switch colors black isnt what i wanted in the first place .

thanx Sd_Gr u are a great of a help ..

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Welcome to the club!

Got any pictures of the engine bay?

I completely agree with everything that SD_GR said.
    lol u dont want to see the engine bay , its a massacre

Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    Welcome to the club!

Get rid of those Ebay headlights, and the tint on the tails. Otherwise good looking car.
    thanx aton .. where did u get ur headlights from , im diggin them over mine to tell u the truth ..

Guys another issue just poped up .. i need a fuel pump , what to get ?

Joe

I Support ClubWRX
    OK great, then first things first. I assume you've made some sort of arrangement to have the car somehow pass smog, or that your county does not require smog certification upon transfer. After that, if you are short on cash, you can consider doing without the Ecutek if you are willing to use an open source mapping solution. This can be 10x cheaper but will be DIY.

Rota wheels are very popular and there are several models that will fit correctly if you like them. When shopping for wheels, tell the seller what suspension you are using to make sure what you buy will fit.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

They're Morette's they don't make them no more.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, headlights need to go.

i cant get rid of them , because the previous owner never gave me the stockies and i really want the morette's but no luck and to tell u the truth all the money will be spent on the engine .. im planning on changing the whole paint job , im not diggin the black as well , come on its a small car and light colors will make it look even better and show all the curves .

Joe

who makes these headlights ?

subaru
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

correct me if im wrong .. the 03 headlights are different than 02 ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Not in the US, no. The 02 and 03 headlinghts on Imprezas and Impreza derivatives were all "bugeye" lamps.

The lights in the car from the photo are non-US lights fitted onto STi cars (except the STI "Spec C" cars that got bugeye lights like the ones seen on any other Impreza). They come in LHD or RHD beam patterns, meaning they are intended for cars driven on either the right or the left side of the road, and they come with either halogen filament bulbs for the dipped beams or HID, and either "matte" or "shiny" finish inside the lamp (on the "black chrome" bit).

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Not in the US, no. The 02 and 03 headlinghts on Imprezas and Impreza derivatives were all "bugeye" lamps.

The lights in the car from the photo are non-US lights fitted onto STi cars (except the STI "Spec C" cars that got bugeye lights like the ones seen on any other Impreza). They come in LHD or RHD beam patterns, meaning they are intended for cars driven on either the right or the left side of the road, and they come with either halogen filament bulbs for the dipped beams or HID, and either "matte" or "shiny" finish inside the lamp (on the "black chrome" bit).
    very useful info thanx aton ... but SD , any idea where i can get them from ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.