New guy from Nebraska
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New guy from Nebraska within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up guys? My name is Mason, and I currently reside in "The Good Life" state, Nebraska. I am new ...

Smile New guy from Nebraska

What's up guys? My name is Mason, and I currently reside in "The Good Life" state, Nebraska. I am new to the subaru forums and I am currently in the market for a wrx or sti for my next car. I don't know much about these cars but I recently fell in love with them from watching some rally videos. But I do have a camaro and have had it for awhile...I want something with AWD with the kind of crappy weather we have here IMO. Hope to learn more from this forum!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome noob!

what year camaro do you have? and what year wrx/sti are you looking for? im currently looking for a 2006-2007 white sti to take over the position of my 2002 wrx... not going all that well... but i hope you have more luck than i am!
    Last edited by Drifting02WRX; 03-12-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    member of teh sex... i mean bugeye mafia (#92)

Just a 92 z28 vert. Still runs and looks really good and I am trying to keep it that way. Don't see too many 3rd gens that are in good condition and I can't find anything here in lincoln that I am looking for...

Aye a lincolnite! Welcome. We reside in the same city. Its a bit harder to find a WRX or STI here in lincoln, but they're out there. There was an STI in the wheels for you a few weeks back. You could probably find something on craigslist.

man oh man do i love craigslist! i actually found one a week or so back on there, exactly what i want, just priced way too much.

i take that back he lowered the price... now i might be making a 2 hour road trip this weekend to go look at it!

2006 Subaru WRX STI

Woot! I'm not alone on this forum! Yeah I have looked in the Wheels for you and I must have missed it, I will check again. Haven't looked in craigslist yet but sure will do that! I went around some car lots today and they had nada. Hey xsnap you grow up in Lincoln?

Yep. Born and raised here. There's guys out there with subies though if you know where to look. I know one guy with an STI, two more with WRX's, one with a stage 2 legacy (which i raced and we were dead even...like literally.....neither of us were gaining).

BTW the guy at the southside duteau subaru parts counter is a super cool guy and can hook you up with parts for less than normal. The rest of them seem kinda shady though... Not sure i would ever have them work on my car.

You go to school at UNL sub-roux?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    Yep. Born and raised here. There's guys out there with subies though if you know where to look. I know one guy with an STI, two more with WRX's, one with a stage 2 legacy (which i raced and we were dead even...like literally.....neither of us were gaining).

BTW the guy at the southside duteau subaru parts counter is a super cool guy and can hook you up with parts for less than normal. The rest of them seem kinda shady though... Not sure i would ever have them work on my car.

You go to school at UNL sub-roux?
    As of now I attend Nebraska Wesleyan, but in the fall I am transferring over to UNL. I live really close the duteau. I know a guy with a white sti that lives on southside, its got red mudflaps on it ftw! haha those things are hard to miss on a white sti

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.