noob subi owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on noob subi owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey all whats up? just wanted to introduce myself. just got a used 02 wrx wagon its got 116k miles ...

noob subi owner

hey all whats up? just wanted to introduce myself. just got a used 02 wrx wagon

its got 116k miles on it but knowing how i drive, i'll barely add on to those miles.

for all you 4eat drivers, what do you recommend? i just use it as a daily drive, but i do want it to run a little smoother. i don't want to go too crazy with the mods..i just want it simple and clean.

i wish i have pictures up but can't find my camera

again, hiiiiii everryboddy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok

if you want to work on its looks i think the least thing you can do is put fog lights if you want some... on performance you can try looking into buying a short ram intake unless you want a cold air intake but you will have to worry about your engine from hydrolocking in the rain or in puddles but you can buy a bypass valve to prevent that from happening but most people go for short ram intake cuz its less expensive and less hassel but short ram sucks up hot air from your engine so less dense means less powerful so pretty much short ram has less end while cold air has high end but its up to you think short ram should be best for you as of right now...

Quote Originally Posted by PrimevilWRXSTI View Post
    if you want to work on its looks i think the least thing you can do is put fog lights if you want some... on performance you can try looking into buying a short ram intake unless you want a cold air intake but you will have to worry about your engine from hydrolocking in the rain or in puddles but you can buy a bypass valve to prevent that from happening but most people go for short ram intake cuz its less expensive and less hassel but short ram sucks up hot air from your engine so less dense means less powerful so pretty much short ram has less end while cold air has high end but its up to you think short ram should be best for you as of right now...
    oh my god, that was the most retarded post i have EVER read on any car forum. are you kidding me dude? listen, original poster, if you want more out of your car the most simple and best bang for your buck would be to get a turbo back exhaust. thats a downpipe and a catback. please learn to use the search button though, because all the things you need to know are in the forum. if you dont use the search button, you get absolute jackasses like the last poster tell you crap thats going to screw up your car. also, you must use engine management when you upgrade your car. again, use the search button to see what type of EM is out there.

Children please can we calm down.

Okay some people will post things on a forum and will try and advise people of what is and isn't best lets not get into this whole situation of "You know f##k all mate."

Me personally if I advise someone and I am wrong then correct me don't call me retarded

I have been on this forum for a year and every now and again you will get someone who will post something that does not sit well.

PM them and tell them to sort it out don't publicly rip into them.

Remember this forum is for us the members to enjoy not to get abused.

Last edited by Oak1ey; 03-11-2009 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

yea i guess i was a little harsh, sorry about that. the problem i have is that when i first bought my wrx i relied on these forums to help me and people were telling me crazy things like that i should get a FMIC as my first mod and stuff like that, it really made it hard for me to make my decision. i once had someone tell me i needed to buy a blowoff valve because they dont come stock in our cars.

BOV would be nice on my car..haha kidding. Most i'll do is a front strut bar for now. FIRST a part-time job

Quote Originally Posted by eeejan View Post
    BOV would be nice on my car..haha kidding. Most i'll do is a front strut bar for now. FIRST a part-time job
    haha yea...dont get a BOV. a job is a good idea, i spent a couple grand and then when i was out of money i decided to get a job way too late.

What?? no no no, bypass valves recirculate the "unused" air back into the turbo inlet. Please don't spew this kind of misleading information, we don't want his car to die.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

So I've done a few research. I was just wondering if this would be a good choice for my 4eat; once I can get me some sort of income, I will start saving for these things:

-STI/OEM TMIC
    -exhaust (since my stock one seems to be getting rusty)
    -DP/UP (i still don't know which one to get for my 4eat..both?)
    -ECU flashed to stage 2 (i've read that its recommended to flash the ECU after a mod or what not)

Of course it will take quite a while. But atleast I have some sort of idea of what to do for my wagon

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^^ you should do a catback exhaust & both a downpipe and uppipe. then you can do the stage2 flash

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

^^^ +1
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

noob question :)

In terms of the UP/DP/exhaust...

What's the difference between catback and catless? Do they have something to do with emissions?

I Support ClubWRX
    you mean CATTED and catless?

depending on your state- you cannot pass emissions with a catless exhaust system.

edit: just realized you're in CALI.. they have some of the most strict emissions standards in all of the united states. lol. i would look into a catted downpipe. you could probably get away with the catless uppipe though, as these come stock on 06+ wrx's and all sti's.

catback is just the rear portion of your exhaust. see diagram below:

desiree

my bad

damn didn't think people take forums that serious like this guy

I Support ClubWRX
    damn didn't think people take forums that serious like this guy
    que?

desiree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast