Advice on selling used engine

This is a discussion on Advice on selling used engine within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I finally decided to do an engine swap on my '02 wrx after chasing all sorts of issues that ...

Question Advice on selling used engine

So I finally decided to do an engine swap on my '02 wrx after chasing all sorts of issues that trial-and-error fixing did not help.

Anyone have any advice about what I can do with my old (100% stock) engine?

The heads should be in perfect shape (recently remachined), but there are two issues caused by the short block:
    1) 2-3 thousandths of an inch extra clearance btw/ crankshaft and connecting rods
    2) psi split btw/ cylinders: 140, 140, 150, 160

The engine has 83,000 miles. I'd be willing to take about any offer, as otherwise I would have no idea what to do with it. How does one ship something like that? What kind of people/places would buy something like that?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have you tried parting out?

I remember when I got my SR20DET (US)SR20DE guys was buying my internals since I upgraded everything in the top half of the motor - ie. pistons, rods, heads, etc..

uhm, yeah, I have no idea how to do that (part it out).
    But I would be happy to sell to someone with the time and know-how to part it out and make some money.

I hear yah, I'm not mechanically enclined either a shop did the swap for me and gave me whatever internals I could sell to the SR20DE guys...