New Subie Gal!

This is a discussion on New Subie Gal! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone! New to the forums...I drive a 07 wrx-tr. Haven't done much besides springs, exhust, dp, CF hood....lookin to ...

Question New Subie Gal!

Hey everyone! New to the forums...I drive a 07 wrx-tr. Haven't done much besides springs, exhust, dp, CF hood....lookin to get to 300 whp for now...so here's my first ?...

i have a guy trying to sell me his FP Green turbo & EWG for a REALLY awesome price...BUT i was wondering what sort of effect this would have on my stock internals + tranny?

I obviously will be purchasing the needed fuel pump and mod my injectors...

opinions? advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forums.

welcome to the club.

the fp green is capable of 400-450whp. that will be pushing your tranny/motor. look into maybe an 18g or a 20g.

also if your not tuned already you should do so so with the mods you already have.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

If you want 300 HP, I'd go for something really fast spooling like the 16G or VF34. They don't have the potential to make HUGE hp numbers but if you are looking for a moderate amount of power you won't suffer the turbo lag that you would with a larger turbo. Actually, power delivery will be almost instantaneous, which IMHO is more important than top end power. Check out this link for a good summary of the VF series turbos.

Like NjBuGeyEdWRX said, get it tuned as that'll what makes the turbo perform at it's peak.
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

thanx for the welcome guys! so i spoke to my shop, I'm just gonna get a vf30 w/c isn't that all bigger than what i have but it's a start (used), get the FMI, opensource tune, modded injectors...and they said that should get me to at least 300 whp

^^^ theres rly no reason to get an FMIC unless you want to. an upgraded TMIC would be fine.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    welcome to the club.

the fp green is capable of 400-450whp. that will be pushing your tranny/motor. look into maybe an 18g or a 20g.

also if your not tuned already you should do so so with the mods you already have.
    450 crank hp maybe. A Green will put down about 360 whp, and a bit more on meth or higher octane gas.

None of the VF series turbos warrant a FMIC.

I don't know; there are FP Green powered cars putting down 370+ whp on the 2-liter motor and 93 octane gas. There is no reason to think that the 2.5-liter motor can't do at least that much.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

that w must have just slipped in there.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I too would recommend against the FMIC.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp2006 View Post
    I don't know; there are FP Green powered cars putting down 370+ whp on the 2-liter motor and 93 octane gas. There is no reason to think that the 2.5-liter motor can't do at least that much.
    With meth and an aggressive tune, sure.

A Green is a TD06-20G with a 49lb compressor wheel instead of a 44lb one.
    Last edited by brfatal; 03-16-2009 at 01:51 PM.

the thing is being a complete newb at the time someone had persuaded me to buy his FMI....it literally has been sitting in my garage for a year now...soo i feel sorta stuck with it, and don't think i'd have much luck selling it

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by torque07 View Post
    the thing is being a complete newb at the time someone had persuaded me to buy his FMI....it literally has been sitting in my garage for a year now...soo i feel sorta stuck with it, and don't think i'd have much luck selling it
    I would be surprised if you didn't manage to sell it within a day on NASIOC.

welcome aboard! is that Kensington in Philadelphia, or another Kensington I am unaware of
    2004 PSM WRX Kartboy Short Shifter, SPT Cold Air Intake, TurboXS Turboback Exhaust, Cobb AccessPort Stage II
    Blobeye Syndicate #123
    Dirty Crew #123