2005 wrx bov question

This is a discussion on 2005 wrx bov question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have a 2005 wrx and im looking to get an easy to install, bolt on bov that can handle ...

2005 wrx bov question

i have a 2005 wrx and im looking to get an easy to install, bolt on bov that can handle high and low boost and has a good sound. i know it has to be a recirculating one but i am just looking for some suggestions on ones to get. right now my car is stock but im getting full exhaust some more bolt ons and a tune. i am ordering a bov within the next 24 hours. i was looking at the hks ssqv. any help would be appreciated thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey Mr. "Ill get a better answer if I post it twice,"

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Stock is best.
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

Quote Originally Posted by CobbNation View Post
    Hey Mr. "Ill get a better answer if I post it twice,"

nah dude i didnt mean to post it twice, the website was like messing up it was saying server busy i didnt even know the first one posted.

Yay, now I feel like a tool.
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyysmithh02 View Post
    i have a 2005 wrx and im looking to get an easy to install, bolt on bov that can handle high and low boost and has a good sound. i know it has to be a recirculating one but i am just looking for some suggestions on ones to get. right now my car is stock but im getting full exhaust some more bolt ons and a tune. i am ordering a bov within the next 24 hours. i was looking at the hks ssqv. any help would be appreciated thanks
    Get the GFB (Go Fast Bits) WRX Hybrid BOV. It rocks man it's 50/50 recirc and vent to atmosphere

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Get the GFB (Go Fast Bits) WRX Hybrid BOV. It rocks man it's 50/50 recirc and vent to atmosphere
    GFBs tend to leak.

Wrinklechops
    GFBs tend to leak.
    Tend to leak where? recirc? and they're all notorious for that or what? i just have the hybrid 50/50 one...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Tend to leak where? recirc? and they're all notorious for that or what? i just have the hybrid 50/50 one...
    They leak period from not being able to hold boost.

I had a GFB adjustable 50/50 on full recirc for a little while, and it leaked pretty bad. My car stalled on the highway several times before I replaced it.

And I've read posts on NASIOC about the same issues with the same valve.

Wrinklechops
    They leak period from not being able to hold boost.

I had a GFB adjustable 50/50 on full recirc for a little while, and it leaked pretty bad. My car stalled on the highway several times before I replaced it.

And I've read posts on NASIOC about the same issues with the same valve.
    Wow that's weird and that sucks. I have never had any problems with mine but I'll keep an eye on it...