Trying to Join the WRX Community

This is a discussion on Trying to Join the WRX Community within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I was hoping some of you WRX guru's could help decide whether or not a WRX is worth buying. ...

Question Trying to Join the WRX Community

Hi,

I was hoping some of you WRX guru's could help decide whether or not a WRX is worth buying. What I mean is...Are they good cars? I've been looking to get a 2004-2007 WRX. But I am wondering about the quality. What kind of problems are most common with these? Is having a factor turbo high maintenance? Any info would help, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    a car is only as good as you make it out to be.

i could consistently beat the crap out of my car on a daily basis & do a whole bunch of modifications improperly, and it will last me.. lets say 6 years.

or, i could maintain it, do the right upgrades, & drive "crazy" once in a blue moon, and the car could last for 12 years.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

look for 06-07 models for the 2.5L motor instead of the 2.0L.

if you take care of the car and dont beat the piss out of it, mod right and get tuned when you should you could have the car for awhile.

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

How is the maintenance? Are there common items that break even if you dont constantly beat on it? I have an A4, and I'm getting tired of all the stuff that breaks like ICM, tie rod ends, etc.