Soon-to-be WRX Owner in Boston. Hello!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Soon-to-be WRX Owner in Boston. Hello! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been lurking around the forums for a few weeks trying to pick up some info and decided I'd introduce ...

Soon-to-be WRX Owner in Boston. Hello!

I've been lurking around the forums for a few weeks trying to pick up some info and decided I'd introduce myself now as I'm starting to have some questions.

I'm from the Boston area, but I also spend a lot of time all over NY. I've seen plenty of members here from the northeast...I wonder why? (/s)

I'm very set on getting a new WRX in the next few months after nearly a year of trying to pick my next car. I've got a 96 Maxima SE right now that lasted me nicely through college, but it's high time to have a REAL car now that those days are long gone. I'm planning on an 09 WRX hatch, or possibly an 08 STi. For me it will come down to price/performance and all of that good stuff. I've been offered an 09 WRX for below dealer invoice price, and it will be a standing deal until I am ready to buy.

I'll be planning most of my modifications in advance with a lot of the forums information and hopefully with some new advice.

Nice to meet you all and I hope to be a happy new club WRX member!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    DENT Sport Garage

They will be your friend when you finally make your purchase
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    DENT Sport Garage

They will be your friend when you finally make your purchase
    Nice! I was hoping someone would recommend a good tuner near Boston. If you trust that place I'll be there for dyno/engine tuning for sure.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shorterthanrich
    Nice! I was hoping someone would recommend a good tuner near Boston. If you trust that place I'll be there for dyno/engine tuning for sure.
    I actually don't have any experience with them, but a friend made 335whp with his 18G bugeye

UNYSOC

I actually don't have any experience with them, but a friend made 335whp with his 18G bugeye
    Nice.

I'm actually in Albany right now. You know any good places around here?

Also, where is a good place to start understanding what goes into a stage 1 and stage 2 tune? When I search I just find a lot of references to people having done it. I'm also trying to find Halo headlights for the 09

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh word!

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

That will answer many of your questions

UNYSOC

Oh word!

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

That will answer many of your questions
    I will definitely read that. I actually had already started. I still have not found a clear description of what goes into a stage 1 or 2, etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shorterthanrich
    I will definitely read that. I actually had already started. I still have not found a clear description of what goes into a stage 1 or 2, etc.
    General rule of thumb:
    StageI = ECU flash
    StageII = Turboback exhaust (UP also with '02-'05) + ECU flash

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.