Taking delivery Friday!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Taking delivery Friday! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New owner of a 2009 WRX 5 door in satin white pearl, and the first thing I had to do ...

Registered User memphishockey06's Avatar

Talking Taking delivery Friday!

New owner of a 2009 WRX 5 door in satin white pearl, and the first thing I had to do was find a forum!

Finally came to grips with the fact that my 91 mr2 N/A is just a money pit and needed to go while I can still get any $$ out of it. I've had that car since high school, and it's what got me into cars in the first place, gonna miss her! Took two years to talk myself into parting with it, but I couldn't think of a better car to move on to.

Next step is to start dumping money into this instead I was curious on any intakes and exhaust that you guys would recommend I look at first. The first upgrades I'm planning on are a COBB short shifter, new sway bars, and hawk pads. Only doing mild tuning, as I work on the road and my car is my office, but I can't keep anything stock!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

e just out curiousity, because i will be buying myself an 09 5 door soon. Can yuo just do a quick rundown of what package and options you got and what you paid out the door. Oh and also where you are located. Just so i can have an idea of what kind price i can expect. Thanks!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats!!!

There are a number of exhaust options out there... I'm partial to Cobb's note, but they are kinda spendy...

Check out the engine modification area for the myriad of intake opinions. I haven't kept up on what the current prevailing opinion is on the newer model...
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I got the non-premium wrx, didn't have the cash to put as much of a down payment as I wanted, but they gave me too much on my trade in to not say yes (99 accord, 190k miles, misc minor problems - $5k) I ended up financing just over 22,000 out the door. I live in Memphis, TN.

And thanks devilfluff, I noticed that section right before reading your post, I just figured I'd ask right away to see what most people would approve/avoid.

Congrats man , i also received my non premium 2009 wrx 5 door satin pearl a week ago.

Didn't get home from work on time, have to wait until tomorrow morning. I went by the dealer and they have it parked right out front waiting for me, needless to say I won't get much sleep tonight! How do you like it so far Chino?

its been great so far, as of today i have put 700+ on it, only 300 more to go. even though i don't wanna take it over 4k rpm, i still find it to be pretty quick. Today i just installed some rally armor mud flaps on it. follow the links if you wanna see how it looks

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...7032009090.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...7032009091.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...32009093-1.jpg

Hang In Their Chino

"its been great so far, as of today i have put 700+ on it, only 300 more to go. even though i don't wanna take it over 4k rpm, i still find it to be pretty quick."

I picked my Pearl 4 door Feb 5th and finally hit 1,000 last weekend driving to Irwindale for work. I actually took a picture of the odo at 999 that I really should post

Not sure where you're driving for fun - I imagine Chino Hills has some fun roads ( a colleague of mine has a condo up there and I sort of recall a fun road. Doesn't Diamond Bar have some curves?) Should be cool at 4K whatever the case.

I had some fun heading on the 210 West towards the Valley today. There is a great little run on Las Tunas Canyon north of Angeles Crest you should check out - I tailed a 5 series last Sunday out of respect for overpriced, overweight German cars

sorry dude, i have no idea where that would be, i actually live in Miami, FL. it sounds like you have better places to take your suby than me, all we have here are flat roads but occasionally i can take it to the everglades to do some mudding. the reason i have put so many miles is because my school and job are very far from my house so i usually drive alot.

Florida? Thought you were in Chino Cali!

Like duh, feelin kinda dumb here. There's a town called Chino not far from here as you probably surmised. Anyhow, I'm sure you can find some nice backroads heading inland a bit

Whatever the case, you have an awesome car because it's mine, too! I took a ride over a somewhat unused route to the Angeles Crest Highway yesterday (Big Tujunga Road). It winds up to about 3,000 feet or so I imagine. I haven't driven that road in about 10 years when I had an SVT Contour (98). WHAT. A. BLAST. All I can say, man, is take some driving lessons if you really want to push it! I was pretty conservative around the corners but she has so much power I came into a turn a bit faster than I really wanted to No traction issues or anything but I'm sure my eyes were as wide as the moon.

The most fun were the relatively straight climbs. Those stock 265 ponies really were on full display and the sounds...it was like taking off in a stunt plane.

Most fun car I've ever set foot in.

R

Looks great, I'm still on the fence on deciding if i want to pick those up myself. I put about 100 miles on mine the day I picked it up, went home for about 20 minutes to eat lunch, and had to go back out on the road. I've been pretty good about shifting around 3500 and haven't launched it at all yet, but did roll into the throttle a couple times on some on-ramps. I live in Memphis and work through NW Arkansas, and I have a feeling I'll be taking the scenic route home on Friday.

Congrats on the car! I've got an 09 DGM hatch. went with the premium.

I think the general opinion of intakes is that the stocker is pretty good for basic mods and you should upgrade exhaust components/engine management first if you're looking for performance.

That being said, I've also heard that an aftermarket intake will allow you to hear the BPV a lot more if that's something you might be interested in, since running a BOV without the supporting mods isn't always a great idea.

I'm looking into upgrading the exhaust on mine now, possibly the Cobb CBE for now, then their DP down the road some... a bit pricey, but they have a good reputation for a quality product.

Congrats on the car! I have an 08 sedan and love it. I personally am a fan of the Invidia N1, but that might be a bit loud for everyday driving. The SPT exhaust is nice, but I wouldn't pay 800 for it. I got mine for 300 and it was worth the money.

As for an intake, you will get a ton of diff responses. I have the Injen CAI on my car. I haven't had any problems with it. I did find an article on NASIOC a while ago where they took their 08 hatch and bolted on an intake. it gained them btwn 5-10 hp and their A/F ratio was not altered. I wish I could remember where that was..

Anyway, good luck with the car and enjoy it! its a great driver and still fun in the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by 08WRXME View Post
    Congrats on the car! I have an 08 sedan and love it. I personally am a fan of the Invidia N1, but that might be a bit loud for everyday driving. The SPT exhaust is nice, but I wouldn't pay 800 for it. I got mine for 300 and it was worth the money.

As for an intake, you will get a ton of diff responses. I have the Injen CAI on my car. I haven't had any problems with it. I did find an article on NASIOC a while ago where they took their 08 hatch and bolted on an intake. it gained them btwn 5-10 hp and their A/F ratio was not altered. I wish I could remember where that was..

Anyway, good luck with the car and enjoy it! its a great driver and still fun in the corners.
    So is it true that you can hear the BPV with the aftermarket intake? I haven't heard it in person myself. tough install?

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    So is it true that you can hear the BPV with the aftermarket intake? I haven't heard it in person myself. tough install?
    Yea, with mine you can hear it. It is a sweet sould, kinda addicting :lol:. The intake went in very easily. Injen had clear instructions, photos, etc. Plus my car had like 1500 miles on it, so nothing was rusty or tough to get off. I think the whole install took me about 20-30 mins. That is parked outside and going very carefully so I didn't miss anything. I have photos of it installed on my photobucket, but I can't get to that where I am at right now. I will post some for you when i get home.

Forgot I had some posted on here:New Parts + 2008 WRX= good saturday morning

I got a few more mods now, but I don't update this site too often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast