Proud new owner of STi, with questions?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Proud new owner of STi, with questions? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I just bought my first STi, infact my first Subaru all together. It's an 06' with 34,000 miles. ...

Proud new owner of STi, with questions?

Hey guys, I just bought my first STi, infact my first Subaru all together. It's an 06' with 34,000 miles.

I do however have a question...when I went to the dealership the check engine light was on. They said it was because the exhaust was aftermarket and that it had thrown the code. (exhaust is the only mod on the vehicle). When I hooked an OBD2 scan tool to it, the scanner says it cannot establish a connection. Can anyone explain what might be the cause of this? or any info on why the exhaust would set the light off in the first place?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you know if it has a full exhaust? Downpipe and catback? Cause when you change the downpipe it messes with the 02 sensor thus throwing a CEL. And did you hook up the OBD2 correctly?
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

You lucky they didnt cancel your maintenance plan or downgrade it to a service plan!

Temp fix to get rid of the CEL you need to run the ignition of and back on 8 times 10 to be sure do this whilst driving.... dont press down on the accelerator or take the key out of the ignition... nor all the way off or the steering will lock (duh) you just turn the key so the car dies and back on... got it?

To fix this permanent...
    Get the car mapped for that mod.
    or
    Put the stock pipe back on!

At the moment The ECU doesn't know of the pipe and is not only pulling back boost due to more air flow creating boost spikes but the knocking factor is also involved... etc!

**__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

I am not sure if it is full catback or if it has a differen't down pipe. Its my first subi ever..im not sure what stock looks like. Looking under the car the exhaust is 3in or close all the way and looks very clean and shinny, though it is fairly new so that might not mean anything. The downpipe looks like 3in as well. Not sure what stock it. How much does it usually cost to have it mapped out for the mod? Or would could I go to do this?

Take the car past you local tuner, they will be able to tell you if the car has been mapped and what mods has been done to it.

post some pics plz!?
    Member #0135

I haven't had a chance to take any pictures of it really..I bought it thursday and have had work and school non stop since. I will take some with my digital in the morning and post some. I would just like to find out what exhaust it is..and shut the light off. I have to admit though, the car is amazing in just about every aspect. I'm very happy I bought it.

Im on my second sti, very good bang for buck! Also allot to learn about them to fully understand how they do what... also what they are capable of and what not...

I just roll my eyes and shake my head when people refer to them as rally cars! They tend to think they are these robust tanks....

However they do have some advantage over other cars!
    And that's for you to enjoy exploring!
    Member #0135

Yeah, and i'm very excited to learn all about this car. I will definatly post some pics in the morning. but where i live it is already 1am. So i must take off for the night. Thanks for the help!

Where do you live?
    Member #0135

I live in vancouver, WA in the united states.

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Who is dom? lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishGuy
    Who is dom? lol
    Dom is a tuner out in WA

UNYSOC

Do you know what area he is in? I'm in vancouver..id like to find a guy in my area that i can go to for my performance instead of going from shop to shop

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishGuy
    Do you know what area he is in? I'm in vancouver..id like to find a guy in my area that i can go to for my performance instead of going from shop to shop
    Maxwell Power Services
    19132 59th Dr NE
    Arlington, WA 98223
    (360)474-8225
    maxwellpropulsion@gmail.com

Dom used to live in my area, and our local club flies him out every year to tune our cars. He's a great guy, and I'm extremely happy with the work he did for me.

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.