Newbieee

This is a discussion on Newbieee within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First thing: The posts are displaying in reverse order, i.e., Post #1 would show as say the last entry on ...

Newbieee

First thing: The posts are displaying in reverse order, i.e., Post #1 would show as say the last entry on pg 6 of 6 while the first post on pg 1 of 6 would be #74. Have I done something wrong? Resolution?

Secondly: My neighbor has a 2003, 2.0L, Turbo, Sedan, front mount inter-cooler. He recently discovered blow by through his dip stick, so, he bought a used short block and installed it. It ran ok before the transplant but now it runs like crap. His OBD II reader shows NO codes, but, the car barely idles. It's very rough, almost dies then kind of surges, has an occasional backfire, barely responds to the throttle (if you feather it). I sprayed carb cleaner all over looking for a vacuum leak, to no avail. He does have fuel to the intake. His plugs look fuel fouled. No Codes means it mechanical, right? We're at a loss and need serious help, please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    check the timing. sounds a tooth off.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks for the quick reply. That's first on my list for tomorrow, along with hooking up my vacuum gauge. I watched him put the belt on and align the marks. All looked good but, he didn't see the need to rotate the engine several times, then re-check as I recommended. I've gotta give the kid credit. He's under 30 and has next to no mechanical experience but managed most of the work himself. He asked his dad and I for help when he figured he was in over his head. Just wish he'd listen more. Dad (age 53) and I (age 63) will take a closer look tomorrow, while the kid is at work.

Anyhow, thanks again for the input. Clyde