New 09 WRX (before and after) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New 09 WRX (before and after) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice, I got a silver 09 wagon. Did you install the foglights yourself? How did ya remove the WRX enblem ...

Nice, I got a silver 09 wagon. Did you install the foglights yourself? How did ya remove the WRX enblem in the front grill?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looking good!!! i want some boost wheels but im gonna try in do 18x9 inch, yea i understand the stance thing too, i love being able to drive anywhere without worrying about bottoming out

i just cant seem to stop scratching it everywhere else lol...

Hey, what about the Subaru subwoofer for the OEM system, did you got it or tested it? Is it a good adition or would we be better with an aftermarket unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio Bro! View Post
    Nice, very nice. To complete the exterior I would recommend a muffler tip extension.....
    I'm going to give the SPT muffler a try, although this does sound cool..I would like to see a picture...

Quote Originally Posted by Julio Bro! View Post
    Hey, what about the Subaru subwoofer for the OEM system...
    I'm going to be upgrading the sound system to an in-dash NAV system, I'll see if the OEM sub is compatable!

Quote Originally Posted by mpavlinac View Post
    Did you install the foglights yourself? How did ya remove the WRX enblem in the front grill?
    ...No- dealer installed the fog lamps - the the sport grill does NOT come with an WRX badge, only the STi sport grilles come with a badge..I was minorly annoyed, but the then I just got a WRX lic. plate holder...

looks real good, you should be proud

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher View Post
    I'm going to be upgrading the sound system to an in-dash NAV system, I'll see if the OEM sub is compatable!
    The OEM sub is compatible. It connects via a T to the OEM wiring harness coming out of the stereo. Basically, you unplug the harness from the stereo, plug it into the female end of the sub harness and then plug the male end of the sub harness back into the stereo. If you add an aftermarket head unit, you just connect your aftermarket wiring harness to the T of the sub harness. Seamless integration!

That being said, you'd probably get more bang for your buck going with an aftermarket sub/amp setup -- especially if you're going to be adding an aftermarket head unit.

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    ...That being said, you'd probably get more bang for your buck going with an aftermarket sub/amp setup -- especially if you're going to be adding an aftermarket head unit.
    I don't want a sub/amp system, but I know there are other subs like Subaru's, there's Kenwood, JVC, and Blaupunkt. These probably sound better than Subaru's, but you know, fit and system wise I would get it if sound is really improved.

I keep thinking the SRS effect, although very clear and punchy, steals some of the stereo spaciousness. Installing the sub provides for better non-SRS sound?

Sorry, "SRS"? Is that the surround sound?

I think a sub is necessary in the stock system to add the bottom end. I don't listen to bass-centered music (Mostly country, actually) but bass is important to round up the whole sound. I'm perfectly content with the OEM under seat amp.

SRS is a feature for the 2008-09 models which focuses sound towards front passengers and enhances bass. The catch is stereo imaging is reduced.

Subaru's OEM subwoofer connects to the system and attaches to a harness under the front seats.

2 things I would like to know with the system:

1. Does the radio automatically filters the low frequencies to the sub and the rest to the other speakers?

2. Does sound without SRS improves?

I know it's been a while, but I got my hands on a nice camera and cleaned the Raptor for these shots of the tip mod.

How you like it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Raptor 004.jpg   Raptor 005.jpg   Raptor 006.jpg  

Looks good! I went with the SPT muffler, but this looks better. I'm getting nervous about any kind of custom work - the service people in North Virginia seem to want to keep destroying my car...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher View Post
    Looks good! I went with the SPT muffler, but this looks better. I'm getting nervous about any kind of custom work - the service people in North Virginia seem to want to keep destroying my car...
    Ask the dealer a recommendation for an exhaust shop or technician. The guy that did this was recommended by the dealer's tech. Man, he analyzed and processed the thing like a work of art.

You could also ask someone with a nice job in their Subaru.

Sorry to hear about your boost guage.

I just had mine installed friday and it literally only took the tech 45 minutes to install it. Apparently he had done one before. However he did install it about an inch too far to the left. But that was mostly in part to where i have my radar detector velcro'd to the dash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12