New honda/subbie lover
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New honda/subbie lover within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, new member from illinois. I own a 2005 acura tl 6 speed, and 2009 mdx type-SH, and a ...

New honda/subbie lover

Hey everyone, new member from illinois.

I own a 2005 acura tl 6 speed, and 2009 mdx type-SH, and a ford fusion(company car)

Im looking into trading the 2005 tl, its got 80 k miles on it, for a 2005-2007 wrx. I have owned a 2005 wrx stage 1 before, and was rather let down when i got my ass handed to me by a tl. But during my search for a 2005 2007, i became a little worried about 2009 wrxs, so what mods would i have to do to get close to the 2009 wrx's? intake downpipe cobb?.

i dont have pics of my mdx or ford, but i have pics of tl.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hey, welcome.

i would search for an 06/07 wrx. they come with the 2.5L engine instead of the 2.0 and will make power a little easier.

as far as matching the 09's: i have an 06 with an OTS stage 2 set up (catback, downpipe, intake) and i'm making 242WHP. the 09 wrx's have roughly 230 WHP. (of course, numbers will vary depending on the dyno)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Yeah cause I am running the same setup basically and I only get 228whp and 280wtq.....thats on a mustang dyno.

welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    hey, welcome.

i would search for an 06/07 wrx. they come with the 2.5L engine instead of the 2.0 and will make power a little easier.

as far as matching the 09's: i have an 06 with an OTS stage 2 set up (catback, downpipe, intake) and i'm making 242WHP. the 09 wrx's have roughly 230 WHP. (of course, numbers will vary depending on the dyno)
    roughly, decent pricing, how much is a catback, downpipe, intake and OTS stage 2?

I think i remember paying cobb for 650 when i had my wrx in 06

^^^ depends on if you want to buy brand new or used.

you could get a used cb for 200-450 depending on the brand i got my HKS hi-power cb for 300 in mint condtion. dps can go from 75-200 used depending on brand.

but if you plan to run cobbs ots stage 2 map you need to have either the stock intake or cobbs intake. you can get ap for 250-500 used. shop around here or nasioc and look for some deals.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    ^^^ depends on if you want to buy brand new or used.

you could get a used cb for 200-450 depending on the brand i got my HKS hi-power cb for 300 in mint condtion. dps can go from 75-200 used depending on brand.

but if you plan to run cobbs ots stage 2 map you need to have either the stock intake or cobbs intake. you can get ap for 250-500 used. shop around here or nasioc and look for some deals.
    thanks i appreciate that. What made me come back to subbies is how cheap it is to make them go fast. My brother with his 2005 with stage 2 cobb keeps up with my friends stock 05 sti.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i paid 300 for my catback/downpipe and 475 for my cobb accessport.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly... (not because I own one) But the 06 is the best year performance-wise.

A lot of the performance pieces that were on the 06 were downgraded in 07

the 07's don't respond as well to modding because of the different ECU

only 06 and 07 had the 2.5L

The 08+ look ugly....
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Honestly... (not because I own one) But the 06 is the best year performance-wise.
    Oops, didn't you mean the 09 is the best year performance wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    The 08+ look ugly....
    Or you could get an 08+ and not look outdated

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Oops, didn't you mean the 09 is the best year performance wise?

Or you could get an 08+ and not look outdated

You are so right... I'm sorry that I consider reliability a part of performance. The 09s are having problems with bearings going out. In addition, the suspension stock on the 08/09s are great, but... have way more body roll, and the multi-link suspension in the back makes it extremely expensive, and not worth-while to upgrade properly.

Also, you could get an 08+ and look like a corolla/focus that's not outdated! (Rated ugliest car of the year?? nooo... I would've never guessed!!)
    The new Subaru Impreza WRX, AKA the ugliest car of the year - MotorAuthority - Car news, reviews, spy shots

Maybe I'm just old fashion, but looks, performance, reliability, they all go hand in hand to sway my decision for car buying.
    (And people that don't know about the new wrx's looks ask all the time, "Is that an 08? It looks like new")
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

It's a personal call - it just amuses me because the only people who think the 08+ are ugly are those who grew up liking the previous years. Which, it could be argued, look like the Corolla from the 80s. Just kidding, I like the older Subies as well

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a personal call - it just amuses me because the only people who think the 08+ are ugly are those who grew up liking the previous years. Which, it could be argued, look like the Corolla from the 80s. Just kidding, I like the older Subies as well
    Which model/year do you have?

I'm just curious if you've ever been asked "THAT's a subaru?"
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I have an 08 sedan. It suits me because it looks a little more grown up than the previous years, so I am able to bluff my wife into believing that I am starting to grow up...

Honest answer? My colleagues love the look of my car (with one exception, a kid whose dream car is the 07 STI). I don't personally agree with them - I don't think any impreza looks like a hot ride. They are all decent, but for a good looker you need to buy a sports car.

I have an 08 sedan. It suits me because it looks a little more grown up than the previous years, so I am able to bluff my wife into believing that I am starting to grow up...

Honest answer? My colleagues love the look of my car (with one exception, a kid whose dream car is the 07 STI). I don't personally agree with them - I don't think any impreza looks like a hot ride. They are all decent, but for a good looker you need to buy a sports car.

i agree, i dont think any stock wrx is exactly a "looker".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.