08 WRX or 09 WRX

This is a discussion on 08 WRX or 09 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all! I'm new here and currently a G35 owner looking at some new wheels. I know the big difference ...

08 WRX or 09 WRX

Hello all! I'm new here and currently a G35 owner looking at some new wheels. I know the big difference between the 08 and 09 are the extra ponies and better suspension. I've come to realize in my searching that the 09 premium pkg wrx I was looking at will be out of my price range (a bit upside down in the G) so I had a dealer telling me he had an 08 loaded Navi, sirius and all the options. He claims he can give me 5200 dollar discount but hasn't given me the invoice or list price. I guess my question is how big of a difference is the extra HP and is the 08 worth pursuing? I look forward to hearing everyone's input.

Thanks!!

Clayton

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'll be honest, I own an 08 wrx and if I had waited 7 months I'd be owning an 09. But had someone offered over 5K off a loaded 08 I'd take it in a heartbeat because after spending 3K on mods I can smoke a stock 09. My .02

The performance difference is pretty significant, but it's nothing that can't be overcome with some smart mods. The deciding factor for me would definitely be the huge discount that you can get on some left-over '08 models. Since the '08 comes loaded the way you say it does, it would definitely be the better deal in my book.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

He's come back and said he'd sell it to me for 24,899. Now keep in mind this has all been over the net and via email. I'm waiting to hear back on what he thinks I can get for a trade on my G35. If he can make it worthy of consideration that would be great. I cant loose my tail to badly on the G. Then I'll have to get creative on how to come up with the mods. I have 19 month old twin boys and one on the way so money isnt flowing in like it used to... Below is the listing for this car.

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX w/SIRIUS/Nav Pkg/VDC Hatchback
    Options

* Auto-Dimming Mirror/Compass
    * Cargo Tray - Off Black
    * Center Armrest Ext - Off Black
    * Individual Security System Shock Sensor
    * Popular Equipment Group 3A

↑ to top
    Features

ENTERTAINMENT FEATURES
    Speakers: 28
    Steering wheel mounted audio controls
    1st row LCD monitors: 1
    CD player
    MP3 capability
    Radio data system
    AM/FM radio

SEATS AND TRIM
    Front seats: bucket
    Front center armrest
    Split folding rear seat
    Leather shift knob
    Heated front seats
    Rear seats: bench
    Max seating capacity: 5

WARRANTY
    Corrosion perforation warranty: 60 months/ unlimited distance
    Basic warranty: 36 months/36,000miles
    Roadside assistance coverage: 36 months/36,000miles
    Powertrain warranty: 60 months/60,000miles

CONVENIENCE FEATURES
    Power windows
    Front cupholders
    Navigation system
    Auto-dimming rearview mirror
    Remote keyless entry
    Passenger door bin
    Rear cupholders
    Passenger vanity mirror
    Driver vanity mirror
    1-touch down
    Automatic temperature control
    Telescoping steering wheel
    Illuminated entry
    Speed control
    Driver door bin
    Air conditioning
    Tilt steering wheel
    Rear door bins

BODY EXTERIOR
    Power door mirrors
    Spoiler
    Bumpers: body-color
    Heated door mirrors
    Door mirrors: body-color

LIGHTING, VISIBILITY AND INSTRUMENTATION
    Front reading lights
    Low tire pressure warning
    Front fog lights
    Variably intermittent wipers
    Rear window wiper
    Outside temperature display
    Tachometer
    Rear window defroster

SAFETY AND SECURITY
    Brake assist
    Overhead airbag
    Ignition disable
    Electronic stability
    Dual front impact airbags
    ABS brakes
    Panic alarm
    Occupant sensing airbag
    Security system
    Dual front side impact airbags
    4 wheel disc brakes
    Traction control

I Support ClubWRX
    100% honest opinion? Used 06/07STi

But... between the two, it's a pretty tough choice, but the 09's roller bearing issue scares me, so I'd say go 08
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

i would go with the 09. IMO they look better then the 08's and of course have more power.

but if you plan on STi get an 06 STi not 07 unless you planned on get tuned right away they have a crap tune from the factory.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Based on your statement about the young kids you have and money not flowing in as it used to, my personal opinion is that, unless you'll be lowering your payments and saving some money in the process of getting the WRX, keep the G35. If you're a little upside-down on it already, I would suggest not digging a bigger financial hole.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Quote Originally Posted by jmp2006 View Post
    Based on your statement about the young kids you have and money not flowing in as it used to, my personal opinion is that, unless you'll be lowering your payments and saving some money in the process of getting the WRX, keep the G35. If you're a little upside-down on it already, I would suggest not digging a bigger financial hole.
    +1

I love G35s. i would say i like them better then WRXs. i would keep it. come on, its a F'ing Skyline! lol!
    2004 WRX WRBlue 4EAT (my wifes car)

Clayton -
    Now that I see your list of options on the car it doesn't appear to be that "great" of a deal. I have everything you've listed except Sirius/NAV system, center arm ext (I pd $125 extra) and I pd $1700 less than this guy is quoting you and that was almost a year ago. Keep the G for now especially with the family sit.
    08 wrx sedan Stage II Perrin map, Perrin DP, Magnaflow cbe, Cobb sts & bushings, Perrin strut bar

I Support ClubWRX
    I do love the looks of the G35... every point where the 350Z was lacking the G35 picked it back up. They're gorgeous
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

no good

I got my 09 back in nov of 08, and i almost got the 08. they were offering it for 23,800. These were fully loaded premies. and that was before any negotiations.
    I'd say you could get a way better deal. I ended up with the 09 premium for 27,000, not as good a deal as some but they are popular where I live (Utah, slc). On the other hand, I still got 1800 for my old falling apart acura on top of that as well.

They were only offering 7500 for my G35 as a trade and I'm not gonna take a hit on that... Like I said before this was all via email so I never had a face to face meeting. I know I could have gotten him lower on car but not worth trying if he's gonna try cheating me out of the G. I love the G just was looking for something different. So I stick with the G since there isnt anything wrong with it..
    Last edited by Claytonj; 02-27-2009 at 04:47 PM.