Newbie Looking For Some Advice
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie Looking For Some Advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi Everybody. I'm new to the forums and must be honest i dont currently own a wrx yet. I have ...

Newbie Looking For Some Advice

Hi Everybody. I'm new to the forums and must be honest i dont currently own a wrx yet. I have been a car guy since i was born but my dad is a die hard american car guy. . Which is why i have come to you all. I live in Western New York and unfortunately all cars here are overpriced. I Have Roughly a $10K budget to spend and was wondering if that is a reasonable price to get a good reliable wrx as i will be transferring to a state college next year and need a reliable daily driver. Just looking for a nudge in the right direction....i have never driven one but have driven in one and have always loved the styling. Just wondering whats a good base as far as mileage and what not. i know the 4 cylinder boxsters are good but i don't want to invest and rebuild an engine a few years later. Any help is much appreciated

-Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    for 10k you can find an 02/03 wrx with probably 70,000 miles on it or so.

try to find a vehicle that is stock or as close to stock as you can get!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I haven't looked at prices in awhile but try looking for a 03 or newer with less than 75K miles that hasen't been abused (that is key) as long as its in good shape and is stock you will be fine (only thing that will go out around there is the clutch)
    and
    read alot of the club and NASIOC (sticky threads are your friend!)

I got my 02 for 10 flat and compleatly stock with 72000 and was never abused

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.