AWD And Smog Revisited
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on AWD And Smog Revisited within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Howdy Howdy.... I posted about a week or so ago about AWD and smog... I have an injen CAI in ...

AWD And Smog Revisited

Howdy Howdy.... I posted about a week or so ago about AWD and smog... I have an injen CAI in my 02' WRX,,, and took it to get smog. Normally when I cruise at 80 or so on the freeway my CEL comes on, and its the O2' sensor I think... I ran into this issue a while back but this is the first time Ive had to deal with smog. It will stay on for a day or so, than go away. Basically, what I'm getting at, will disconnecting the battery and pumping the break pedel a few times clear the CEL? pumping the break should clear what ever juice is left in the car until you plug it back in. Do I need to hold it off longer until my trip resets back to 0? I called Subaru and asked them how much a stock intake setup would be. She told me 209.95, for the intake, what else do you need? I said I don't know.. thats why im calling you. The parts lady was dumb... can anybody point me in the right direction on what to ask subaru for if I can't clear my CEL?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by My02WRXIsHot View Post
    Howdy Howdy.... I posted about a week or so ago about AWD and smog... I have an injen CAI in my 02' WRX,,, and took it to get smog. Normally when I cruise at 80 or so on the freeway my CEL comes on, and its the O2' sensor I think... I ran into this issue a while back but this is the first time Ive had to deal with smog. It will stay on for a day or so, than go away. Basically, what I'm getting at, will disconnecting the battery and pumping the break pedel a few times clear the CEL? pumping the break should clear what ever juice is left in the car until you plug it back in. Do I need to hold it off longer until my trip resets back to 0? I called Subaru and asked them how much a stock intake setup would be. She told me 209.95, for the intake, what else do you need? I said I don't know.. thats why im calling you. The parts lady was dumb... can anybody point me in the right direction on what to ask subaru for if I can't clear my CEL?
    You really didn't need to start a whole new thread.You could have just replied to your first one.Also this should be posted in the technical forums.
    Tech & Modifying & General Repairs - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums

eBay Motors: SUBARU IMPREZA WRX AIR CLEANER AIR BOX (item 200310852721 end time Mar-17-09 19:33:56 PDT)
    /\Has the airbox,MAF hose(attached to airbox) and the air funnel.Only thing thats missing to make this a 100% complete factory set up is the fender resonator but you do not really need it.

This is a common problem with some aftermarket CAI and it itself is causing the CEL.Buy a stock setup off of ebay and then turn around and sell the CAI.
    CobbTuning.com - Aftermarket Intakes
    Last edited by Donkey; 02-19-2009 at 05:25 PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.