New to the forum, saying hi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to the forum, saying hi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, nice forum you have hear. I'm coming over from the sportbike side now that I have twin monkeys ...

New to the forum, saying hi

Hello everyone, nice forum you have hear. I'm coming over from the sportbike side now that I have twin monkeys depending on me coming home everyday. Looking at getting a 09 WRX 5 door as the new kiddo mobile so as usual I'm here reading everything past and present on these cars. I have a couple months before I need another car or have a parking space for the new ride so I'll be soaking up all I can until then.

I had a turbo car way back in the day in college, a dodge shelby 2.2 but never touch it under the hood as it had 100K+ on the odometer and was just basically a really fun car to get back and forth with, handled great though. Since then I have been driving trucks though so this will be my first car in a long time. I've been doing a lot of trackdays and a few CCS races over the last few years so I'll be going in the same direction now that I'm on four wheels instead of two. Looks like I have a whole new set of trackday and race orgs to get familar with not to mention a new tire supplier.

Looks like a great site and I'm already following Big Sky's project as it is going in the direction I like.

Josh
    Last edited by JKing; 02-18-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: adding pic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome josh

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

Hey there, welcome...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome, buy a red 09 premium!!! Im biased obvioulsy!

Thanks everyone. I doubt red is in my future, I like the silver, dark grey or even white, which ever one is on the lot and netting the best deal. I've never been much on flashy colors, even my race bike was flat black. Exterior wise I like things to look simple, kind of unassuming, it helps with Mr. Patrolman.

wow that's a lot of canned ham!

I Support ClubWRX
    wow we should blow up that voicemail box and text message the crap outta that number.

Josh-Welcome man, what are you ridin currently?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Welcome to the club!
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

If im honest I really would not have chosen red to begin with but black is terrible to maintain and I felt the white loses the shape of the car a bit too easily, plus living in Canada where we have snow 5 months of the year its not very safe either! When are you looking at getting your WRX??

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post

Josh-Welcome man, what are you ridin currently?
    At the moment I'm living in Chicago in the city so we only have one car a Pilot, my R6 is somewhere in the middle of going from race bike to street legal again but has not seen the light of day in a while. I'm moving back to the area west of St. Louis as soon as spring semester is over and plan on grabbing up a 5-door then as my full time ride.

I was leaning toward the MS3 last year but since we didn't get relocated then I was lucky enough to wait out the 08 model and now that the 09 is on par with the others I really do tend to lean toward the AWD. The FWD is not my ideal platform for sport driving. My old shelby and my wife's Mazda 6 were fun but a little annoying with the torque steer, I drove a friends Acura as well and with all the power it had it would have been much more enjoyable if it was RWD.

I hear ya on the white, my wife had a white Celica when they first came out and it never looked that great, but I don't want black and have had 2 silver vehicles out of the last 3 and a silver FZ1 too.

Found a couple pics

current ride R6 former CCS #91

my old TL1000R, sort of a fat pig in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    ...I felt the white... plus living in Canada where we have snow 5 months of the year its not very safe either!
    You're crazy . If you can't see a white vehicle in snow you should either get your eyes tested or get off the road! I don't see a problem with white cars here in Calgary. Maybe it's because we switch our lights on when visibility is low?

It's kinda like don't wear black when riding a bike after dark, I hate when those bastards jump out of the shadows

Not much snow in MO, at least it doesn't last long. We have had snow on the ground here in Chicago for like 12 of the the last 14 weeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast