09 WRX Premium New Owner!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 WRX Premium New Owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good evening all, About a month ago I purchased a spanking new 09 WRX Premium in Red. This is my ...

09 WRX Premium New Owner!

Good evening all,

About a month ago I purchased a spanking new 09 WRX Premium in Red. This is my first Subaru and im eager to get it looking and performing even better than it already does! There are many exciting days ahead and as this site seems to be a wealth of knowledge il be getting to know its members over the cousre of my ownership!!!!

Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A few pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n697270690_5872370_1004.jpg   n697270690_5872373_1745.jpg   n697270690_5872376_2910.jpg   n697270690_5872379_3630.jpg  

how are the summer tires in the snow?

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome, congrats and enjoy it!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I actually have Pirelli winter tires on at the moment, the dealership had to throw them in!

I did however drive for 2 days with the Dunlop's on and holy **** it was scary. I must say though the WRX has amazing ability in the snow, I just drove home tonight in a blizzard and it was impressive how stable the car remained.

My first WRX and im in love! haha

Yea dude your right about the stability, its awesome. I just got my first 09 subi wrx sedan today and I cant wait to put 1k miles, change the oil, and pump up those revs!!!! Driving in the snow must be crazy!!! I probably wont drive in the snow anytime soon, because I doubt that it will ever snow down here in Miami. Good luck with your new Subi WRX it's by far the best WRX made yet!!!

Picked mine up a week ago as well. The red looks friggin Amazing!! Sweet color!

Very nice!! The car does look great and the handling is pretty good. I do like the older WRX better, to it seemed as the 2002-2007 just performed a little better.

The styling and the fit thumbs up. Have fun, oh any big modds in the future for all that just purchased the new WRX?

A few mods will be done on my WRX, window tint was done straight away obviously!

Next steps will be:

AEM Intake
    SPT Exhaust
    Accessport

(Upgrading stereo - I work for an electronics retailer so this will be the cost effective bit!)

Other than that probably want to change the HID's to blue instead of yellow just for a classier look. Im hoping to change the rims for 18's, im thinking black with a red pinstripe. Not too sure yet, this will all be as funds allow!!!

(PS: Ive already had a race against an 04 wrx, he had no chance round the corners the hatch is so nible!)

Quote Originally Posted by simoxius View Post
    how are the summer tires in the snow?
    I live in suburbs chicago, No offense! its horrible but thanks to the AWD save my *$$ all the time LOL.

Sweet looking WRX. I just got mine nice and dirty for the first time this weekend heading up Mt. Baker for some snow/dirt fun. Was a blast.
    09 STi - stock
    91 Honda CRX - stock
    91 Honda CRX - many mods

Looks very sharp. Manual or auto?

Skip the intake and save money for a worthwhile mod.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I just put 1000 miles on mine the other day. Fun little car. I have no plans to mod mine. My 03 Cobra makes this little b**ch feel like a Geo Metro. It's fun none the less and handles infinity times better in the poor weather, the seat of the pants fun is way behind the curve when comparing the two. Still like the car.

Its a 265 so they only come with a manual luckily!!! Sadly living in Canada where the auto rules its unusual to see a manual car!

Is the Induction Kit not worth it?? I heard about a 25hp power gain on the new WRX???!!! that sounds worthwhile to me! $275 for an extra 25 ponies.

Any thoughts?????

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Its a 265 so they only come with a manual luckily!!! Sadly living in Canada where the auto rules its unusual to see a manual car!

Is the Induction Kit not worth it?? I heard about a 25hp power gain on the new WRX???!!! that sounds worthwhile to me! $275 for an extra 25 ponies.

Any thoughts?????

Ofcourse its worth the money. What do you expect to pay for a factory performance induction system?

If you care about keeping your warranty that's if you bought the warranty, id stick with Subaru performance parts.

I'm getting my SPT induction system very soon!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast