09 WRX Premium New Owner! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 09 WRX Premium New Owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Actually when I went to the dealership the other day, they told me that the induction system cost 209$, but ...

Actually when I went to the dealership the other day, they told me that the induction system cost 209$, but IDK because you live in Canada so its probably little more expensive out there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks real good, I'm diggin the red! Welcome to the club!
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Quote Originally Posted by sharkattack View Post
    I just put 1000 miles on mine the other day. Fun little car. I have no plans to mod mine. My 03 Cobra makes this little b**ch feel like a Geo Metro. It's fun none the less and handles infinity times better in the poor weather, the seat of the pants fun is way behind the curve when comparing the two. Still like the car.

If your talking in terms of a stock 03 cobra, I would say that an 09WRX with an SPT intake, SPT exhaust and a COBB Tuning ECU, will put a good race against a Stock 03 Cobra in a 1/4 mile run at a track. The test Ive seen of an 03 Cobra is that they run a 12.9 stock in the 1/4 and that's assuming that a good driver is behind the wheel, because an 03 Cobra can roast the tires very easy if there are no drag radials available or the driver simply has a heavy foot. Now the Stock 09 WRX was tested at 13.7. With those mods I noted, I think 09 REX could easily power a high 12 second run.

Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    Looks real good, I'm diggin the red! Welcome to the club!
    Thanks!!! It took my a long time before I decided on the Red one, as far as I know its the only one in Regina in that colour so im happy with it!

Im thinking I will stick with all SPT parts, warranty is a big concern for me but so is beating all the Mustang GTs and Neon SRTs where I live. Although I know the stock car does this anyway I want to win by a mile not by an inch! haha

Anyone think 6 spoke black wheels with a red pinstripe would be nice?????

Quote Originally Posted by 09/Impreza/WRX View Post
    If your talking in terms of a stock 03 cobra, I would say that an 09WRX with an SPT intake, SPT exhaust and a COBB Tuning ECU, will put a good race against a Stock 03 Cobra in a 1/4 mile run at a track. The test Ive seen of an 03 Cobra is that they run a 12.9 stock in the 1/4 and that's assuming that a good driver is behind the wheel, because an 03 Cobra can roast the tires very easy if there are no drag radials available or the driver simply has a heavy foot. Now the Stock 09 WRX was tested at 13.7. With those mods I noted, I think 09 REX could easily power a high 12 second run.
    Yeah, mine isn't stock. Along with what your saying though modding a Cobra is cheap and easy. Best bang for the buck car I have ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkattack View Post
    Yeah, mine isn't stock. Along with what your saying though modding a Cobra is cheap and easy. Best bang for the buck car I have ever owned.

Well if you don't mind filling up your gas tank every 3 to 5 days then yea it would be a good thing, considering that the 03 cobra stock does 12.9 in the 1/4 as they say in test results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12