Im New, Help Please!!!!

This is a discussion on Im New, Help Please!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey, im new to this, i would really like to purchase a subaru WRX STi. ive been looking on autotrader.com ...

Im New, Help Please!!!!

hey, im new to this, i would really like to purchase a subaru WRX STi. ive been looking on autotrader.com for listings, i would like 05-07. is there anything i should look for in a STi besides mileage, minimal mods, and damage report? and can i trust a WRX STi with 50,000-60,000 miles on it? ahh, please help, i need to know more about this vehicle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MindFault View Post
    is there anything i should look for in a STi besides mileage, minimal mods, and damage report?
    Full service history with all receipts for authentic Subaru parts including all recalls, and an intact factory warranty as a result, mileage permitting.

and can i trust a WRX STi with 50,000-60,000 miles on it?
    You can't trust daylight.

However, having all receipts for all service and repairs in front of you, and knowing the car still has the remaining factory warranty valid are at a minimum good starting points. If buying from a dealer, check their business record; if from a private owner, ideally find someone you know that's boring and reserved and anal retentive.

ahh, please help, i need to know more about this vehicle.
    Start with the sticky threads in each forum here and on the other Subaru sites, there's tons of info to be learned.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Full service history with all receipts for authentic Subaru parts including all recalls, and an intact factory warranty as a result, mileage permitting.

You can't trust daylight.

However, having all receipts for all service and repairs in front of you, and knowing the car still has the remaining factory warranty valid are at a minimum good starting points. If buying from a dealer, check their business record; if from a private owner, ideally find someone you know that's boring and reserved and anal retentive.

Start with the sticky threads in each forum here and on the other Subaru sites, there's tons of info to be learned.
    +1
    I support and endorse this entire post.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    If you don't mind driving to Albany, a local guy here is selling his '07 STi for ~$26k with a Blouch Dom1 turbo.

Thread:
    fs ny 07 swp sti partial trades considered
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

eyah thatnk you