turbo timer?...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on turbo timer?... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guyz instead i'm planin on gettin a turbo timer but i've been told that i'm just wastin my money, ...

turbo timer?...

hey guyz instead i'm planin on gettin a turbo timer but i've been told that i'm just wastin my money, so besides gettin a TT cant i just let the car idle fo a bit if so how long?...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vipah07 View Post
    hey guyz instead i'm planin on gettin a turbo timer but i've been told that i'm just wastin my money, so besides gettin a TT cant i just let the car idle fo a bit if so how long?...
    It's a waste of money on our cars because the turbo is properly placed in a well designed and implemented cooling system. Even after you shut the car off, the water will continue to circulate as needed to cool down the turbo. It's a matter of heat and pressure.

Some cars do benefit from a turbo timer, but the WRX doesn't need it.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post

Some cars do benefit from a turbo timer, but the WRX doesn't need it.
    true, but I found another use for'em. Warming up car in the morning and running into the house to grab something real quick.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
    true, but I found another use for'em. Warming up car in the morning and running into the house to grab something real quick.
    Or you could buy a remote start system and not have to run outside. It's fairly easy to use with a stick as a turbo-timer/remote start - just so long as you think of it that way.

Get to where you are going, hit both buttons on the remote to have the remote start hold the car running and turn the key to off. The car is still running. Pull up the parking brake and leave the car out of gear. Get out, lock the car and use the remote to turn the car off. As long as you are willing to do this everytime, you'll never have a problem.

It's cheap and effective, I did this with my old Cherokee 5-speed with a Viper alarm with remote start.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Or you could buy a remote start system and not have to run outside. It's fairly easy to use with a stick as a turbo-timer/remote start - just so long as you think of it that way.

Get to where you are going, hit both buttons on the remote to have the remote start hold the car running and turn the key to off. The car is still running. Pull up the parking brake and leave the car out of gear. Get out, lock the car and use the remote to turn the car off. As long as you are willing to do this everytime, you'll never have a problem.

It's cheap and effective, I did this with my old Cherokee 5-speed with a Viper alarm with remote start.
    That could work. But the turbo timer was practically a gift, and I can't justify buying a remote start just for this feature y'kno?
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

sell it to someone who needs it?

what?
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.