Ex Mustang GT owner going to the WRX Side

This is a discussion on Ex Mustang GT owner going to the WRX Side within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How you all doing, I'm stationed in The Netherlands and sold my 2000 Mustang Gt a couple months ago just ...

Ex Mustang GT owner going to the WRX Side

How you all doing,
    I'm stationed in The Netherlands and sold my 2000 Mustang Gt a couple months ago just prior to moving here. A very sad day for me since it was the first and only brand new car I bought myself. So now I'm buying a second car as a daily driver, and weekend fun car. I test drove a 2005 WRX 2.0 Turbo on the today, and was hella impressed. I got up to 120 MPH with ease on the autobahn, and since have forgotten about my Stang.

I have a couple questions before I make the 12000 Euro or $15,600 plunge.

1. Is $15,600 a good deal for a 2005 Euro specs WRX with 25,000 miles? The cars in prestige condition.

2. The ride seemed a little bumpy, that is compared to my wife's chic SUV. The owner said it was normal because of the stiff shocks and low profile tires. Now it did hug the road and feel safe.....even at high speeds. The city ride was comfortable, but there's no way I could have my 3 months old son in the back with me on the Autobahn.

3. The owner babied the car. Tuneups every 10,000 miles. That seemed kind of excessive, even for a turbo. Whats your opinion on this? Too much....too little?

4. Is there any problems with year/model I should be aware of? Any signs that the car is going south?

Oh, did I forget to mention I'm a newbie?

Thanks for chiming in.
    Last edited by -RM2JEDI-; 02-02-2009 at 04:19 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if its only got 25000 miles on it,looks good and never been recked thats seems like a good price in my book.