Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been browsing this site for a week or so, and have greatly utilized the search function, checked out ...

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

I have been browsing this site for a week or so, and have greatly utilized the search function, checked out the pics of the rides of the members here, etc.

I've wanted a Subbie for a few years now, but it wasn't until recently that I could afford one. Yesterday I bought myself an 02 blue "bugeye" WRX. (i'll take some pics as soon as the Chicago weather allows)

So far I have "clear corners" and another visual mod near the grill, which I can't really explain without a photo. I know someone on this forum has it. It is a small piece that has 3 holes in it. (i'll try to find the pic and link it to this thread) I also have "eyelid" covers so the car looks a bit sleepy lol.

I'm currently looking into doing a few minor mods to my subbie since I have a warranty on it, and can't really afford to void the warranty by installing an up-pipe, or bov.

What's the general consensus on "generic" Ebay catback exhaust systems? I know a CAI is useless since I'm not pushing 300HP. I can not afford a tune at the moment, and even if I could it would void my warranty. I'm looking to add a bit of "flair" to the car whether it be visual or whatever. I noticed a very few subbies have yellow fog lamps and I can't seem to find a "how to" to make mine yellow.

Besides the car, and more about me;
    I'm 28 and married to the love of my life, I live in Chicago and have too many hobbies for time to allow.

I have been playing guitar since 1994, and am an avid gamer. I own a website and run a podcast about videogames. Any gamer can check it out at Home | The Total Gamer
    When I'm not working on my podcast I'm at the gym working on looking good naked lol.

I do have previous experience with autos as I have built a 95 civic that ran with mustang 5.0's, and had a 2000 Firebird that ran with LS1's as well. Currently I'm not looking to mod my Subbie to be all HP, but just add to the fun and make it my own. When my warranty runs out in 2011, then I'll be looking into upgrading the car into a Cobb stage 1 or 2 depending on what my funds allow. One can't be so sure at this time due to the economy.

Any recommendations on the car would be fantastic, and I hope to be a long time member of these boards.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I found the pic with the "holes" near the grill visual mod.
    This is a pic of Chopstixx car. I have the exact same pieces, except they are blue to match my car.

looks like you also have Koji modded headlights. As for yellow fogs, Ive got the Rockblocker yellow foglight kit. Go to Rockblocker.com.

Ebay does have some good exhausts. ERZ and SRS(though I'm not sure if either still sell on ebay but they used to). I bought the SRS used, and it's still held up great. They are on the louder side, but not obnoxiously loud. IMO, it is a great sounding exhaust. Very deep and smooth, but very quiet at idle, and the drone isnt bad at higher highway speeds. Here is ERZ's website(they are basically the same thing):

ERZ Performance Exhaust, WRX exhaust, 350Z exhaust, SCion TC exhaust

there are many people on this forum that have eBay cbe and have no problem with them. i for one had one on my bugeye when i first bought it, and it sounded fine. i just ran into a problem with it when it didnt match up to well with my hks dp,so i got rid of it and bought a used hks hipower cbe in mint condtion for 300$.

used parts can be the way to go sometimes when you dont fee like paying full retail for name brands.

and the cbe will not void your warranty.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

^^^+1 for buying used. I did my whole stage 2 setup for under aroud $500 bucks. I know that doesnt really pertain to the OP because of the warranty, but it just shows how cheaply you can do things if you buy used(but be smart when you buy).

Oh, I'm not against buying used. When I had my firebird I bought a used 3' exhaust and it worked like a charm.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.