Subie Mechanic Needed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Subie Mechanic Needed within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what do you think the cost of a rebuild for the gears, clutch and flywheel may run. Or would it ...

what do you think the cost of a rebuild for the gears, clutch and flywheel may run. Or would it be more cost effective to go ahead and opt for the STI transmission?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IMO go for the STi swap.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    IMO go for the STi swap.
    I have found a complete swap on-line with the STI motor & transmission. Is there anything that I should have to consider with a complete swap. It comes with COMPLETE 2.5L STI ENGINE, ALL BELT DRIVEN ACCESSORIES, TURBO CHARGER, MAIN PCM, INTERCOOLER AND OEM INTAKE SYSTEM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jauxpa View Post
    what do you think the cost of a rebuild for the gears, clutch and flywheel may run. Or would it be more cost effective to go ahead and opt for the STI transmission?
    It's not just swapping the tranny for the STi 6speed.Pretty sure you need the axles and a different driveshaft.Like I said,how much money you got?PPG gears with tranny removal and install = easy over 3 grand.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    It's not just swapping the tranny for the STi 6speed.Pretty sure you need the axles and a different driveshaft.
    +1 you do need the axles and driveshaft. you need to find out what yr STi trans matches up with your rear also. i know 03's match up with the 07 STi tranny they have the same rear gear.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

+1 you do need the axles and driveshaft. you need to find out what yr STi trans matches up with your rear also. i know 03's match up with the 07 STi tranny they have the same rear gear.
    It is coming out of a rolled 2004 STI. I have e-mailed the seller and asked if it would include the axels and drive with the motor (& accessories) and transmission. o you have any ideal if the 2004 STI is a good match/fit for my 2002 WRX? Since we have started this thread, I have looked at other WRX's on-line...I just lik the bug eye the best. I would like to stick with this one. However, if it becomes obvious that it would just be more cost effective to look at an STI, I will try to sale this one as is and look for an 04 or 05 STI.

of course if you can afford to have an STi then why not get one?
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

of course if you can afford to have an STi then why not get one?
    Mostly, because I like the wagon. It is more practical with the additional cargo room, which comes in handy when traveling. I just want to know that a swap that we have discussed would work. Provided I get the complete motor, transmission, axels and drive shaft...is there anything else that might cause me grief.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12