2003 wrx

This is a discussion on 2003 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had to get a new car recently and being out of college with a decent job I could finally ...

2003 wrx

I had to get a new car recently and being out of college with a decent job I could finally get a car that I actually wanted! Still wasn't ready for a new car, but I got a 2003 wrx for a good price and the car is in great condition! However, this was also my first manual car, so it was torture driving it at the start. I took my time though and things went fairly smoothly. It's a blast to drive, especially with the weather the way it is right now. Here are some pics.

As far as upgrades, I wasn't thinking about it until I came here and started doing research... thanks a lot! If I do anything it will be on a tight budget so I'd like to get the most out of anything I do. I'll probably focus on some exhaust work. Eventually I'd like to upgrade the sound system too and with the results I saw for painting rims, I might just paint my rims gold. Never thought I'd paint rims... and gold nonetheless.. but it looks so good on subies.
    Last edited by Bebop; 01-30-2009 at 11:04 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, gold on black looks good. Just make sure you do a lot of research on what your doing before you start to mod. How many miles on it?
    2004 wrb WRX "Bugeye"
    http://www.misubie.com/

nice bugeye.

as for using a rattle can on your rims, i wouldnt reccomend it. look into someone that does powdercoating, they usually do deals if you bring them a few sets of rims. looks nicer IMO.

yes you want to do your reasearch before you start modding there are plenty of stickys here and on nasioc with tons of info.

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

good luck and happy modding.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
    Welcome, gold on black looks good. Just make sure you do a lot of research on what your doing before you start to mod. How many miles on it?
    The car has just over 75k miles on it.

I'll be doing a lot of research and in no way will I be doing the mods myself. I've been searching quite a bit in the forums of some ideas of where to start. Believe it or not, I found a performance shop near me which was recommended by a user on this site so I think I'll check them out.

Phoenix Auto Center of Palm

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX
    as for using a rattle can on your rims, i wouldnt reccomend it. look into someone that does powdercoating, they usually do deals if you bring them a few sets of rims. looks nicer IMO.
    I'll definitely look into that as my greatest worry is that they come out looking junky. I've seen some great results online using good technique and paints. I just don't want to spend the money on new rims is all.

Great resources btw! Spent some time reading over the shifting FAQ as I'm a bit new to MTs. A lot of the quirks I noticed on mine that I could have mistaked as a specific problem are more common to the wrx itself... that's comforting.
    Last edited by Bebop; 01-30-2009 at 10:06 PM.