New member looking for a wagon :)

This is a discussion on New member looking for a wagon :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Howdy, my name is Jason and I recently moved from Denver, CO to Omaha, NE. The wife and I are ...

jaz

New member looking for a wagon :)

Howdy, my name is Jason and I recently moved from Denver, CO to Omaha, NE. The wife and I are looking for a clean, low mileage '04 - '05 WRX Wagon as my 2-door Civic is starting to become a pain with getting my 1yr old daughter in and out (so much that we never drive the car). I thought it would be hard to convince the wife I needed a WRX, but once I mentioned I wanted a wagon and it had 4 doors, she was all for it instantly! I'm still searching and searching to learn all I can about the car before I buy.

I do plan to mod the car just a tiny bit (17" wheels, springs, struts, sway bars, and possibly a COBB stage 2), but other than that, it will replace the Civic as a daily driver. I hate to sell the Civic as it's been a rediculously good car (35 - 40mpg), but I'm really excited to get a WRX. I also can't wait to rid myself of FWD!

Aside from the Civic, my wife has a 2006 Mazda 3 and I have a 1995 Ford Taurus SHO (garage queen). As soon as I get my WRX, I'll post it up... for those interested.

Not the greatest pic, but here are MY current two cars (wife's doesn't count )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Welcome. Your SHO is killer. More pics? I had a buddy in high school with that vintage in black, I really loved it.

Head over the the car purchasing forum and read some threads about what to look for when buying a used WRX (I assume you're buying used, but I guess you didn't specify).

Good luck in your purchase and happy modding!

jaz
    Yeah, I've got a few more pics of my SHO:

I'll check out the buying forum to see what to watch out for. we are planning to buy used, unless you can point me to a brand new '04-05 Thanks for the tip!