Cherry reporting for duty sir....

This is a discussion on Cherry reporting for duty sir.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I just bought a 02 bugeye wagon from my brother in law with the plans to gut the drive ...

Cherry reporting for duty sir....

So I just bought a 02 bugeye wagon from my brother in law with the plans to gut the drive train and replace it with STI parts (provided i get back from Iraq without getting my ass shot off this time).

I live in Wichita KS, and I was wondering if there were any good wrenchs within say 200 miles of here? Im not sure if I want to go so far as dropping 16k on a cosworth stroker, but its one thing im considering. Basicly, Id like to get somewhere north of 500 whp out of it, reliably. Any advice on whos ear to bend for this?

Its already got some upgrades, and my god is this thing fun, I just want to take it to the next level.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_overide View Post
    ...Basicly, Id like to get somewhere north of 500 whp out of it, reliably... ...I just want to take it to the next level.
    "500whp reliably", is not the "next level", it's several levels away and it will not be cheap.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club.

"500whp reliably", is not the "next level", it's several levels away and it will not be cheap.

I understand that, perhaps I wasnt clear enough about how extensivly its modded already. Its currently running just shy of 400 whp, so 500 actually is the next level. theres not much more I can do realisticly with whats there without gutting the engine and drivetrain and building something else.

As for the expense, I would think that if I had been looking at a cosworth stroker long block, and and had been considering it at just under 16k (best price I found), and that was just the engine.. One might assume, or infer, that I had already figured out that my goal was going to end up costing me somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 to 60 grand.

Im not some stupid kid who read a copy of super street and has delusions of grandure. While this is my first subaru, and the first japanese import Ive tried to customize. I am not unfamiliar with the costs of go fast. I have a 65 gto that is putting down 817 to the wheels with the juice, and I can assure you that while it is a lot easier to modify a big block oldsmobile engine to that level of power, it is by no means cheap.

I am very serious about building this car when I get back, and Im heading over as a contractor, not a soldier, I will have the scratch to do whatever the hell I want to it when I return, so with that said, feel free to treat my question seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_overide View Post
    feel free to treat my question seriously.
    i dont think he was trying to make fun of you but you were very vague in your description of the car. i dont think shy of 400whp is just some upgrades its a decent amount of them.

what are the mods to the car already i.e what motor,what trans etc.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

I think you took J wrong. It really does take alot of time and $ to get to 500 whp and have it be realibly or safe to drive. I've been there and have been through alot of "levels" to get where my forester is today and our RWD WRX. Not at 500 whp but over half is fine with me! Our WRX will be there soon! It will take alot of steps to get where you want to be with your car but along the way you'll have fun doing so! So enjoy the car, keep us posted on what upgrades you do. There is alot of info here just use the search button.

Good luck with your project!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

What mods do you have now?

And good luck with the build sir.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27