New To Subaru
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New To Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys....been researching for a while now and i purchased a 09 wrx 2 weeks ago.....and i have to say....I ...

New To Subaru

Hey Guys....been researching for a while now and i purchased a 09 wrx 2 weeks ago.....and i have to say....I LOVE IT. I was about to purchase and EVO then i thought about the STi but the dealership was closing down in my area and gave me a really really good deal on an 09 wrx and i see it as a sleeper STi basically. But now since joining the forum i see a few of the engine failure problems....and im wondering...is there anything i can do to prevent it from happening to mine....I really and truly love this car and hope it doesn't continue to happen to others but what can i do???? And i thought this was the same engine they used to use in all the other wrx's so why is this starting to happen now??? Did they change the internals on the engine or something???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not much for help on the 09, I'm a newb myself lol but Welcome to the forums and if anyone can help you there's ppl on here that can. :]
    <--Newb.

Excuse my newbdom questions. Can't learn if I don't ask.

welcome to the club. congrats on the purchase. post up some pics

i dont really know the reason for the enigine failure, but what you should do is follow subaru's break in procedure. don't drive the car like you stole it. but if your engine does fail its covered under warranty so its not like your paying for it, you'll just be minues the WRX for a little bit.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.