09 wrx - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 09 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 08 Beast Since you are leasing I wouldn't put anything into it, until the day you go ...

Quote Originally Posted by 08 Beast View Post
    Since you are leasing I wouldn't put anything into it, until the day you go to take it in or sign the purchase papers. Because when the purchase is set up it is just like going in and doing the car buying process all over again with the bank and after market parts are not looked upon kindly in the banks minds when they go to calculate the loan to value.
    If he's just looking to use some type of EM such as the Cobb AP, he can just unmarry it when he has to turn it in. There will be no physical evidence of aftermarket parts.
    Last edited by McGizzle; 01-12-2009 at 11:22 AM.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ER View Post
    I am leasing the car and wondering whether or not to inveset in modifications. Does someone want to list some pros/cons.
    #1 You don't own the car; so unless you plan to lease->own, there's not that long term enjoyment investment 'value'

If you are going to mod, do things that are easily removed, parted out; Cobb AP 4 power.
    If you want to lower, do something fully swappable like coilovers so you're not potentially damaging struts.

Think about it this way; if you're leasing, you'll have to return to stock at some point, creating more headache (esp if you get a pro to do the labor $$$).

I am leasing my 09 wrx

I have intake, tbe, and a tune. Its all you really need.

Dont even bother with springs until someone releases something 09 specific...

The only other power mod I see myself doing in the next year or so is a tmic, fuel pump, and a retune... And hopefully springs/sways will be released by then

And after two year, if a sedan sti is released, then ill pick one up hopefully?

M16
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ER View Post
    MC-g

Thanks for replying.

I think i'm going to turn it in at the end of the lease! However, that is why I was wondering if I could Flash the ECU. In my novice mind that means getting more out of the engine. I thought this would work because I could reflash at the end of my lease. I really have no idea what I am talking about.

Also, for other 09 Owners. I seem to be averaging about 17 miles in the city. Lower than I expected. Anyone else notice this?
    umm I gota 08 but the mileage wont be aaccurate for like 1500 miles, and the thing isnt that accurate anyways, it barely moves on mine from like 18.9 to 18.6, when I went autocrrosing to my daily driving.....

I average 20-22 city

Quote Originally Posted by M16 View Post
    umm I gota 08 but the mileage wont be aaccurate for like 1500 miles, and the thing isnt that accurate anyways, it barely moves on mine from like 18.9 to 18.6, when I went autocrrosing to my daily driving.....
    It doesn't display what you are getting but what the average MPG is for the selected trip. When you average out gallons of fuel by miles you get the MPG on the display.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.