im newbie and need some advise
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on im newbie and need some advise within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just got my 04 WRX yesterday still have'nt take a pix yet, but i will. and i'm really need ...

im newbie and need some advise

i just got my 04 WRX yesterday still have'nt take a pix yet, but i will. and i'm really need some advise about where and what im gonna get for parts, a good a reasonable price...

here's my list in order

1st- lowering springs not coilover
    2nd-a simple look front lip
    3rd- STI spoiler
    4th- STI hood scoop
    5th- intake
    6th-a complete exhaust
    5th-maybe an gold sti rims

im ok for used one's

shoot me some pm's if you have one

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    i'm really need some advise about where and what im gonna get for parts, a good a reasonable price...
    1st- lowering springs not coilover
    i got mine from tire rack for 209$ (eibach prokit)

2nd-a simple look front lip
    ebay.com ->
    eBay Motors: 04-05 WRX STI Impreza V-Limited Front Lip PU + Emblem (item 280299890443 end time Jan-15-09 12:01:18 PST)
    thats the one i have for my 06. its very cheap, sturdy, and easy to instal

3rd- STI spoiler
    trade your trunk for someone in your area that has an sti.
    if you cant find someone to trade- subarugenuineparts.com

4th- STI hood scoop
    not sure. search google for that one.

5th- intake
    your stock intake is sufficient.

6th-a complete exhaust
    once again,ebay. i got my full TBE for 300 dollars. the brand is ERZ. if you want a "real name brand" check the classifieds on nasioc.com or check the vendor accounts here.

5th-maybe an gold sti rims
    you can ONLY use sti bbs from an 04 sti. no other years will fit. these are pretty hard to find but you'll have to search the classifieds.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I didnt see anything in your list that mentioned a tune. Since you have an 04, if you do exhaust, you're gonna have to get tuned.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
    I didnt see anything in your list that mentioned a tune. Since you have an 04, if you do exhaust, you're gonna have to get tuned.
    good catch.

i forgot to mention, you'll also need an uppipe. you can search ebay, classifieds, and vendors for that as well.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+1 on the uppipe.

+2 on uppipe, for tuning check into either a cobb accessport or doing open source tuning with a tactrix cable and a map from XPT
    XPT Stage 2 - 2004 WRX MT with Launch Control [XPT2520F] - $52.00 : XPT Tuning, The XPT Tuning Online Store

i also agree with the stock intake being sufficient. do the snorkus delete mod, Intake Silencer Removal - ScoobyMods
    put in a K&N drop in filter and you're set. for a cost effective spring setup i put on springs from a 07 sti, u need the strut tops rom tht year range too but i got mine on here for around 175 shipped, they only lower a little but the spring rate is comparible to the tien h-techs
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    good catch.

i forgot to mention, you'll also need an uppipe. you can search ebay, classifieds, and vendors for that as well.
    thanks, can i get a link for the up pipe

Quote Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
    im sorry i'm really a newbie about subaru's any list for tuned? howbout a blow off valve?

im sorry i'm really a newbie about subaru's any list for tuned? howbout a blow off valve?
    no, unless you are pushing 400+ HP. Then it is actually beneficial to the car.
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tmann05 View Post
    no, unless you are pushing 400+ HP. Then it is actually beneficial to the car.
    Totally false. Needing an aftermarket BoV/BPV has nothing to do with the amount of power you're making and everything to do with the amount of boost you're running. You can push 22 psi on a TD04, making less than 270 whp and need to upgrade.

i'm not sure what you were asking in your first question, but as for the BOV question, they are stupid. the stock BPV is all you need until you are running considerably more boost.

As for a K&N, IMO, you should just get a regular old OEM drop in filter. I had a K&N in mine when I bought my WRX. Well it came time to needing to clean it again, but being that I sold my cleaning kit with my RS, I didnt want to buy another one so I bought a regular OEM one. There's absolutely no difference. So, pay $10 and be done with it when it comes time to needing a new filter.

thanks guy's! is the STI fog lights cover will fit on my WRX

the fog covers should fit i just got the whole sti bumper tho but it scrapes all the damn time i hate it

and yea bbs wheels for a 2004 u can find them but where ever i have looked they cost a pretty penny cause they are the only year subaru used them in america but they are sweet i know i want them to but oz makes some sick wheels to i kinda settled on those

i also have a 2004 wrx and if u want a wing think about it for a lil cause even tho they look cool for awhile and have an sti look for me anyway i absolutely hate mine now i want to go wingless on my trunk now but the sti hood scoop id say for sure get cause it does look so much better than the original and it looks mean

what color is the wing and how much do you want for it?

Yea i'd get the Sti scoop too. I got a carbon fiber one off of ebay thats about 4 inches tall and that looks mean too.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...04-scooby.html
    Last edited by Steveo47193; 01-08-2009 at 03:07 AM.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Totally false. Needing an aftermarket BoV/BPV has nothing to do with the amount of power you're making and everything to do with the amount of boost you're running. You can push 22 psi on a TD04, making less than 270 whp and need to upgrade.
    Bingo. The stocker, by design, sometimes will "bleed off" a little bit in the upper range of the TD04, thus making it work harder to obtain the same amount of pressure. Upgrading (and be careful about this) will cause the pressure to remain exactly where it is supposed to be. The issue is that most atmospheric BOVs can cause not only a rich condition every time you let off the throttle, but also severe idle issues at times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast