This is a discussion on New member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey every one im new to this site and i just got my 02 wrx. ( couldn't afford the sti) ...

Question New member

hey every one im new to this site and i just got my 02 wrx. ( couldn't afford the sti) but well so far i have the suspension done and the exhaust as a cat back and soon i am getting an intake.

but my first question is, is how far on the 02 models can i turn the PSI up. i think it is at 13 but not sure. i plan on doing alot of other mods to the car so any ideas will be help full.

also im not sure if this is something to brag about but my first time at the drag strip i took my car stock and ran a 14.7

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would recommend you consider reflashing the ECU and use the stock electronic boost control solenoid to raise the boost. With a turboback exhaust you should be able to turn up the PSI from the stock 14.2psi to 16 or 17psi safely with proper tuning.

On the 2002 many used to just put in a manual boost controller and turn up the boost, but that was before well established and free tuning options were available.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by micah View Post
    i would recommend you consider reflashing the ecu and use the stock electronic boost control solenoid to raise the boost.
    +1
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."