What's up?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

This is a discussion on What's up? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up eveyone? Thought Id join, drop in to say hi, and introduce myself. As you can tell from the ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12

    What's up?

    What's up eveyone?

    Thought Id join, drop in to say hi, and introduce myself.

    As you can tell from the username, my name is Rob.

    I have a 05 WRX that I just put back to stock.

    I dont have many pics, but here is a couple...




  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    17,892
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

  4. #3
    Registered User Oak1ey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast UK
    Posts
    1,200
    Hello Rob nice to meet you fella my names Oakley and I live in a house as well.

    Glad you have joined the website mate. I have been here for about 9 months now and made some brilliant mate like Tmann and Weasel and co.

    Where about's are you from then Pictures look like they were taken in Europe or England ??
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

  5. #4
    Registered User Oak1ey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast UK
    Posts
    1,200
    Feel free to join our thread below UK and Xpat's we have a real mixture of characters and everyone is spot on.

    You'll motice as well that the Blob Eye thread is pretty huge as well and popular !!

    Check out my pictures in the gallery use the link below and see some serious Jap Car's from the UK Sanat Pod Drag Strip and Silverstone Race Track
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

  6. #5

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Welcome to the club!
    Nice WRX you got there, I've always been a sucker for a black beauty!


    Why'd you put her back to stock?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak1ey View Post
    Hello Rob nice to meet you fella my names Oakley and I live in a house as well.

    Glad you have joined the website mate. I have been here for about 9 months now and made some brilliant mate like Tmann and Weasel and co.

    Where about's are you from then Pictures look like they were taken in Europe or England ??
    Whats up bro. Pics were taken on a private estate that my gf works on here on Long Island, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Oak1ey View Post
    Feel free to join our thread below UK and Xpat's we have a real mixture of characters and everyone is spot on.

    You'll motice as well that the Blob Eye thread is pretty huge as well and popular !!

    Check out my pictures in the gallery use the link below and see some serious Jap Car's from the UK Sanat Pod Drag Strip and Silverstone Race Track
    Will do bro, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    Welcome to the club!
    Nice WRX you got there, I've always been a sucker for a black beauty!


    Why'd you put her back to stock?
    I tried to keep her as simple on the outside as well the inside.

    Black beauty was her name, then got re-named to Shavonda

    As for putting her back to stock, Im turnin 25 very soon, and would like to have a house eventually, so putting her back to stock, making back some money, and then selling the car is ultimately what Im looking to do. That way I wont have any more payments, and can just focus on a house.

    I had a great time with her, but its time to move on.

  8. #7
    Registered User Oak1ey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast UK
    Posts
    1,200
    Well I think it's a good job Rob you decided to use this site there are always people that are looking at buying scoobies and like to get a feel for the culture that comes with owning the car.

    I have to say of all the cars I have owned the Subaru is by far the best and attracts some genuine and decent people and lets be fair theres a real shortage of them now adays.

    So you live in NY then ??
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak1ey View Post
    Well I think it's a good job Rob you decided to use this site there are always people that are looking at buying scoobies and like to get a feel for the culture that comes with owning the car.

    I have to say of all the cars I have owned the Subaru is by far the best and attracts some genuine and decent people and lets be fair theres a real shortage of them now adays.

    So you live in NY then ??
    NY born and raised. Not looking to buy a house in NY though. Too expensive and taxes are ridiculous haha.

  10. #9
    Registered User Oak1ey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast UK
    Posts
    1,200
    I think Weasel works in NY who is one of the moderators on this site and a good friend to boot.

    I had been invited to NY for xmas with my Uncle and Auntie who live and work there but ended up moving house.

    Have you always had the standard rims on your motor or have you ever thought of putting on some golds ???

    Blacks cars and gold alloys look the muts nuts ( brilliant )
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak1ey View Post
    I think Weasel works in NY who is one of the moderators on this site and a good friend to boot.

    I had been invited to NY for xmas with my Uncle and Auntie who live and work there but ended up moving house.

    Have you always had the standard rims on your motor or have you ever thought of putting on some golds ???

    Blacks cars and gold alloys look the muts nuts ( brilliant )
    I was thinking about the Rota Tarmac III's in gold, or the Rota G-Forces, but never got around to it.

    Ive always wanted gold wheels, but I put majority of the money towards braking, suspension, and power mods haha.

  12. #11
    Registered User Oak1ey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast UK
    Posts
    1,200
    I love been able to race a standard spec scoobie and have completed Santa Pod drag strip and raced at Silverstone on both the International circuit and GP Circuit.

    Can't wait for Easter this year to start going to all the car meets and racing events.

    Brakes and suspension are always going to make the car faster on the track handles better and brakes better equals much faster lap times.

    I think the first mods I would do would be both.

    It has not been very busy today Rob was hoping to introduce you to some of the guys and girls
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •