New 02' WRX owner and new forum user
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 02' WRX owner and new forum user within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi. I'm a proud new owner of an entirely stock 02' WRX. I don't even know why I bothered with ...

New 02' WRX owner and new forum user

Hi. I'm a proud new owner of an entirely stock 02' WRX. I don't even know why I bothered with any other car, I absolutely love the way my WRX drives! I just got it at 115k miles for $8,990 from a local dealer here in TN and it has a slight knock on a cold start. I understand this is fairly common and is just a typical subie noise. As I'm sure you can imagine, when I got it home and started the thing after letting it sit for a while (which I should have done before buying it.. dope!) I got kinda worried when it started knocking. Are there anymore subie nuances I need to be aware of? and at this mileage is there anything I need to worry about replacing? I don't want to neglect any maintenance. (pics of the car will be up shortly)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Panicbutton18 View Post
    Hi. I'm a proud new owner of an entirely stock 02' WRX. I don't even know why I bothered with any other car, I absolutely love the way my WRX drives! I just got it at 115k miles for $8,990 from a local dealer here in TN and it has a slight knock on a cold start. I understand this is fairly common and is just a typical subie noise. As I'm sure you can imagine, when I got it home and started the thing after letting it sit for a while (which I should have done before buying it.. dope!) I got kinda worried when it started knocking. Are there anymore subie nuances I need to be aware of? and at this mileage is there anything I need to worry about replacing? I don't want to neglect any maintenance. (pics of the car will be up shortly)
    not a bad deal. I got my WRX in TN. As far as maintenance, you might want to make sure the timing belt has been done. It is supposed to be done at 105k.

Awsome! I was hoping I didn't get a shoddy deal. I think the timing belt was done recently, but I'll check the records again and if it hasn't, then there's no time like the present to take a look at it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.