New 02' WRX owner and new forum user

This is a discussion on New 02' WRX owner and new forum user within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi. I'm a proud new owner of an entirely stock 02' WRX. I don't even know why I bothered with ...

New 02' WRX owner and new forum user

Hi. I'm a proud new owner of an entirely stock 02' WRX. I don't even know why I bothered with any other car, I absolutely love the way my WRX drives! I just got it at 115k miles for $8,990 from a local dealer here in TN and it has a slight knock on a cold start. I understand this is fairly common and is just a typical subie noise. As I'm sure you can imagine, when I got it home and started the thing after letting it sit for a while (which I should have done before buying it.. dope!) I got kinda worried when it started knocking. Are there anymore subie nuances I need to be aware of? and at this mileage is there anything I need to worry about replacing? I don't want to neglect any maintenance. (pics of the car will be up shortly)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Panicbutton18 View Post
    Hi. I'm a proud new owner of an entirely stock 02' WRX. I don't even know why I bothered with any other car, I absolutely love the way my WRX drives! I just got it at 115k miles for $8,990 from a local dealer here in TN and it has a slight knock on a cold start. I understand this is fairly common and is just a typical subie noise. As I'm sure you can imagine, when I got it home and started the thing after letting it sit for a while (which I should have done before buying it.. dope!) I got kinda worried when it started knocking. Are there anymore subie nuances I need to be aware of? and at this mileage is there anything I need to worry about replacing? I don't want to neglect any maintenance. (pics of the car will be up shortly)
    not a bad deal. I got my WRX in TN. As far as maintenance, you might want to make sure the timing belt has been done. It is supposed to be done at 105k.

Awsome! I was hoping I didn't get a shoddy deal. I think the timing belt was done recently, but I'll check the records again and if it hasn't, then there's no time like the present to take a look at it.