03 wrx oil?

This is a discussion on 03 wrx oil? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what type of oil should be best used for my 03 wrx?......

03 wrx oil?

what type of oil should be best used for my 03 wrx?...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I also have a 03 WRX...

I have always used Motul oil. From what I know it is one of the best and they have engine oil, brake fluids, gearing fluids, and coolants. Motul sponsors alot of rallying and moto events too. I was told, not sure if it is true, by using Motul alone you can actually gain a hp or two. I am sure it is not much of a "gain hp" situation and more of a "find lost hp" one lol. Anyway I love it, Motul.

Anyone else here use Motul products?

I've been using Mobil 1 5W-30 for years with great success, but others may not like it.

I think any good quality oil would be good (syn or nonsyn). It's probably more important to adhere to the maintenance cycle and change your oil and filter accordingly, than anything else.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

i've heard good things about rotella, next oil change i'm going to switch from moblil 1 5w30 to rotella 5w40....