NEW '09 Owner...Just Joined - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on NEW '09 Owner...Just Joined within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Spincycle Might want to check into the kartboy short shifter and bushings, I got that for about ...

Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    Might want to check into the kartboy short shifter and bushings, I got that for about 110 bucks, and it made worlds of differnece in the shifting. It just seemed way to long with the factory shifter.
    how does it look?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on your new car! Welcome to the club!
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Quote Originally Posted by mwake1 View Post
    looks sweet, i got the dark metallic grey 09 wrx premium. What's the most loaded you can get? Just wondering what I am missing. I got everything I thought but the nav/sat system.
    Hey sorry for the late reply....yeah so I also don't have the nav/sat system. but i have the amp and sub. ipod interface. sport grille, and i think side skirts? STI short throw shifter, Sti exhaust (sounds fantastic!), and sti sport decals. Thanks for the comment!

Quote Originally Posted by captmidnight23 View Post
    the premium is the most loaded you could get--not including nav. he might be talking about like short-throw shifters, spt exhaust, and the like.

p.s. i have the dark grey metallic too. i think its the best color on the wrx.
    The grey metallic was nice looking. I was looking at a wrx with that color. Always liked the white though for some reason

Thanks all

Thanks for all the comments and advice everyone....

I have not been out in the snow with it yet....Anyone know how well the factory tires are in the snow? They look like they could be a little slick.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Pearl_82 View Post
    I have not been out in the snow with it yet....Anyone know how well the factory tires are in the snow? They look like they could be a little slick.
    You'll get away with so much, but when you eventually lose it there's a huge chance of getting into trouble. There's a post about someone crashing one if you search. Winter tires on the WRX are great fun and worth having - compared to the AS on my 08 there's a huge difference.

hows the sub and amp? any specific company?
    think you can post pics?
    i have two rockford fosgate p3 10" with a 1000-1bd amp in a bandpass box. might just switch it over in the back of the wagon.
    im thinking about getting the 09 wagon wrx in may.
    thanks

Hey sorry for the late reply....yeah so I also don't have the nav/sat system. but i have the amp and sub. ipod interface. sport grille, and i think side skirts? STI short throw shifter, Sti exhaust (sounds fantastic!), and sti sport decals. Thanks for the comment!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieCroat View Post
    hows the sub and amp? any specific company?
    think you can post pics?
    i have two rockford fosgate p3 10" with a 1000-1bd amp in a bandpass box. might just switch it over in the back of the wagon.
    im thinking about getting the 09 wagon wrx in may.
    thanks
    The sub isn't great. It just adds a little bit of kick to the regular speakers. It's an integrated amp w/ what looks like 8" sub. I'm guessing if you are use to what you have in your current car you would be disappointed. One thing that I also don't like is that it's located under the driver's seat. So as the driver, it sounds like you have the bass set really high but for anyone else in the car it's weak. Then if you turn it up its a little much for the driver. It would have been better if they had put it in the trunk. Long story short...i would recommend transferring your current system

The sub isn't great. It just adds a little bit of kick to the regular speakers. It's an integrated amp w/ what looks like 8" sub. I'm guessing if you are use to what you have in your current car you would be disappointed. One thing that I also don't like is that it's located under the driver's seat. So as the driver, it sounds like you have the bass set really high but for anyone else in the car it's weak. Then if you turn it up its a little much for the driver. It would have been better if they had put it in the trunk. Long story short...i would recommend transferring your current system
    Gotcha, Thanks for the heads up. Now it would look like the STI would beat the WRX Impreza with the stereo install. lol.

I was the guy in the next comment after yours he is referring to that slid into a curb. For stock tires, they are great for summer, in the snow with the awd they were doing all right, but I got into on some icy, hard packed, scraped and plowed road with a little snow on top. I was turning a downhill corner, moving slowly btw, and I lost all traction in the turn, slid right into the curb from 20 feet away. just couldn't stop, the abs kicked in and it made no difference, there just wasn't anything to grab with. Actually the abs stopped while I was sliding, I think it just gave up(lol), really, I think it was getting no feedback and assumed the car was stopped. Bent the control arm, $270, and f'd up the wheel, $377!!!
    Expensive lesson, I immmediately put on the snow tires and won't procrastinate next year. I went with Blizzaks LM-25, and they are fantastic in the snow. Not too bad on the dry as well, you get a little uncertainty in the handling, but so much better than the ws-60's which is what I ran on my old integra.

What can I do about the Bass problem without giving up any precious trunk space and not the factory sub?

I was the guy in the next comment after yours he is referring to that slid into a curb. For stock tires, they are great for summer, in the snow with the awd they were doing all right, but I got into on some icy, hard packed, scraped and plowed road with a little snow on top. I was turning a downhill corner, moving slowly btw, and I lost all traction in the turn, slid right into the curb from 20 feet away. just couldn't stop, the abs kicked in and it made no difference, there just wasn't anything to grab with. Actually the abs stopped while I was sliding, I think it just gave up(lol), really, I think it was getting no feedback and assumed the car was stopped. Bent the control arm, $270, and f'd up the wheel, $377!!!
    Expensive lesson, I immmediately put on the snow tires and won't procrastinate next year. I went with Blizzaks LM-25, and they are fantastic in the snow. Not too bad on the dry as well, you get a little uncertainty in the handling, but so much better than the ws-60's which is what I ran on my old integra.

What can I do about the Bass problem without giving up any precious trunk space and not the factory sub?
    I think Q-Logic makes some sub boxes for the older Imprezas that fit in behind the wheel wells and hold 10" subs without taking much of the usable space. For the Subs I recommend 1 Boston Accoustics G510-44, I bought 2 and it is too much (which is just enough for me). Also they weigh about 40 LBS each plus the enclosure so you will notice a handling difference once they are in...
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3801103
    2008 WRX 4 door, Access Port, Short Shifter, Megan Racing adjustable coilovers, Strut Bar, Perrin DP, Magnaflow CBE, CAI, AVO 380 Turbo, AVO TMIC, Stage 3 Rallitek Tune More to come....

replace the door speakers and add a head unit with an amp.

sweet wheels

Hey! Congrats on the car, sweet set of wheels you have there. Reminds me of my '06 WRX (aspen white). Wicked killah.

Jonathan

Hey everyone...

Just bought (leased) a brand new '09 WRX Premium 5-door a little over a month ago. I LOVE THE CAR! It's pretty loaded too...the dealers were saying that it's one of the most loaded they've seen. If anyone wants to know, the satin white pearl looks great on the WRX. So looking forward to giving and receiving car info and advice with you all.

Also, I currently live in the Seattle area. Anybody know of any Subaru events/rallies in the area?

Thanks,

Nick

to Snow Tire or not to Snow Tire?

With direct experience on my 1997 and 2004 Outback Sports, I'd say the studded snow tires made a phenomenal difference in handling in inclement western Massachusetts weather. Now with my 2006 WRX, I'm trying the studless snows; less road-noise, for sure, but also a bit less grip than with the studded snows.

Best,
    Jonathan

Thanks for the advice. I do most of my driving in Seattle where there isn't much snow but occasionally the get some and they do not use salt on the roads here and have hardly any plows so it gets much like the conditions you were talking about. Also I do want to take it up in the mountains to go snowboarding and stuff. The passes can get pretty slick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.