Central Florida looking for info on TUNERs
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Central Florida looking for info on TUNERs within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am new to the WRX and was wondering where I can go to have my vehicle tuned properly. I ...

Central Florida looking for info on TUNERs

I am new to the WRX and was wondering where I can go to have my vehicle tuned properly. I currently have no stand alone unit or any type of EM. Just bought the car and cant ask my wife for another couple hundred dollars to buy parts...at least not just yet. Well like I said I just recently purchased this vehicle and it has some very mild mods, such as MagnaFlow CBE a short throw shifter, removed the intake silencer (snorkal) but this is where Im to new to this motor to realize if there is anything else done. From the look of the engine bay everything looks pretty much stock. So I was just curious if there is anywhere good to go for parts and or tuning in the Orlando area. Thanks for any help!
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good luck man. with a tune and some new parts you will have a whole new beast!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #132

"buy it, ease it, brake it, fix it, trash it, change it now upgrade it."

"i can easily rip the spine out of cars, and watch their bodies fall into a sea of oil and metal"

03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 12-31-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: forgot one

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks for the help people, and here is the list of proposed upgrades for right now.

1.uppipe
    2.downpipe
    (already have CBE)
    3.Turbo Inlet hose
    4. 16g Turbo
    5. Manual Boost Controller / El3ctronic Boost Controller
    (just not sure which one Im doing just yet.)
    Now as for an EMS (engine managment) Im also not sure which way to go, something like a Cobb AP or an Open Source unit. Any advice would be helpful. If these ideas dont sound like a good direction let me know. Im very new to this and I would like to be well into Stage 2 borderline Stage 3. Its my Daily Driver but I like to have the power when needed. Thanks.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

Welcome to the Subie club!

Go with Big Valley, all other (with due respect) suck ass!!!

Victor, the owner, has all the major tuners but no one can beat Gadiel and since you need an engine management, try to land a used UTEC with map selector. Gadiel can make crazy numbers with what you have and an UTEC and is the fastest to tune. And he does it in a safe way unless you have money to spend and tell him to go beyond the safe point.

For parts, no one can beat the vendors on NASIOC or Import Image here in Fl but if you must, go to Titan Motorsports on N.Goldenrod and ask for Jon (has a blown S2000 but had a WRX before)

Good luck,
    Leo

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.