WRX with +200K miles
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX with +200K miles within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dear WRX'ers, I have been wanting a WRX for quite sometime now. I think they are just great cars. Have ...

WRX with +200K miles

Dear WRX'ers,

I have been wanting a WRX for quite sometime now. I think they are just great cars. Have ridden in and driven several. I am looking at a 2002 WRX. I have read many stories about these cars lasting well into 100K and 150K but no one who has one with 200K.

What should I be looking for? Nothing major has been replaced with the exception of the clutch.

I feel like I'm just looking for trouble buying a WRX this old. Post your stories, suggestions, things that should have been normally replaced by now.

I look forward to contributing and learning from this forum.

Thanks again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pass on this one, great deals come along. I got my 02 (this was before it got smashed) with 72k for 8000 dollars, Near mint condition. Be patient, and all will work out ;D
    Evos make eight pound six ounce baby jesus cry...

vintage '02 bug eyes died in clifton VA *tear*

08 WRB WRX is now ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXretrarded View Post
    Pass on this one, great deals come along. I got my 02 (this was before it got smashed) with 72k for 8000 dollars, Near mint condition. Be patient, and all will work out ;D
    +1. 200k is a LOT, I would pass and wait for a better deal.
    07 WRX Impreza::Cobb stage 1.
    Hawk-eye Alliance #130

What everyone else has said. I like to generally stick to a 15K miles a year rule with used cars. I paid 8700 for my 02 with 62K miles. New engine dropped in at around 60K along with tranny, clutch, and radiator.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

+1 to all above. Good deals do come along, I just got my 04' with 49k miles for 10,500. Just take it slow, I must have looked at 30 different rex's before finding this one 3 miles away from my house. I was looking up to 250 miles away. Good luck but 200k is a lot of miles.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

This guy's ride, is 2002 with +200K he wants $6400. Some light modifications: Up-pipe intake. Me thinks I'll keep looking. Either way, I'm gonna get me one. Thanks for your help thus far.

Yes, keep looking. IMO that is still too high. I was looking at an 02 wagon here in El Paso. Guy is asking $6500 and the car has 115K miles.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

WrxDurham, whats the price range you are trying to stay within, this might help us if we see something that fits your budget to let you know. Good luck, and did you check the "Vehicles For Sale" forum on here. There are a couple of nice rex's for cheap.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"

I'd shy away from any car with 200k, but there is nothing that says a Subaru won't last that long. The boxers are pretty solid engines. My brother in law typically puts 200-300k on his Subaru's before getting a new one...

Heck, my friend's Ford Focus is dying at 60k...

But, yeah, I would pass unless it was a lot less.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
    WrxDurham, whats the price range you are trying to stay within, this might help us if we see something that fits your budget to let you know. Good luck, and did you check the "Vehicles For Sale" forum on here. There are a couple of nice rex's for cheap.
    I'm looking to get a 2002 with around 100K-120K for $7-9K
    or a 2004 for about $12-$14K. Yeah I've been checking the for sale section. I'd like to find something within 200 miles though.

What do you guys think of this one?

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Try this one I think its actually closer to you as well. Good luck Ill look through a couple more

Subaru For Sale
    Last edited by AsILayDying; 01-02-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"

Good Lookin' out man! I was kind hoping for a 2004 for that price though. I'll keep looking.

Yeah its no problem at all, wish you all the luck trying to find a good one for the price. I did find one with a few less miles and and a little cheaper too as well. Here it is!

Black on Black Subaru
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.